Author Topic: NOS Trico vacuum check valves  (Read 766 times)

Offline 67gta289

NOS Trico vacuum check valves
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:00:33 PM »
I came across three variations of NOS Trico vacuum check valves used in air conditioning, tilt away steering, and other vacuum powered options in various Ford/Mercury/Lincoln products.  I seem to recall that some may cross over to Corvette applications.

The reason that I'm posting is that I have never seen the colors on them, although they are faint.

The first one is the single input/single output that I'm familiar with for 67.  The color is the most faint of the bunch, I'll call it gold.

The second is single input/double output.  This is a copper-ish color.

The third one is a single input/double output that looks like the original Star Ship Enterprise.  Anyone else see the resemblance?  Anyway this is clearly green.  Part# 85595-69.  I have not seen this one in use on any Ford that I recall.

In all three cases, the color is only on one half of the valve.

I have a single in/single out NOS Ford in the box, but don't see any color.

Has anyone noticed this before?
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: NOS Trico vacuum check valves
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:46:05 PM »
Have found them with red dye on them as well as the cooper like color. The cooper I think is what is left of a discolored red color.

Don't recall ever seeing the green coloring of that version of the valve.

From an earlier thread - dyed red

Might have a picture of a NOS one or two. Will take a while to go through that sub directory   ::)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: NOS Trico vacuum check valves
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 11:38:36 PM »
I came across three variations of NOS Trico vacuum check valves used in air conditioning, tilt away steering, and other vacuum powered options in various Ford/Mercury/Lincoln products.  I seem to recall that some may cross over to Corvette applications.

The reason that I'm posting is that I have never seen the colors on them, although they are faint.

The first one is the single input/single output that I'm familiar with for 67.  The color is the most faint of the bunch, I'll call it gold.

The second is single input/double output.  This is a copper-ish color.

The third one is a single input/double output that looks like the original Star Ship Enterprise.  Anyone else see the resemblance?  Anyway this is clearly green.  Part# 85595-69.  I have not seen this one in use on any Ford that I recall.

In all three cases, the color is only on one half of the valve.

I have a single in/single out NOS Ford in the box, but don't see any color.

Has anyone noticed this before?
I typically see the single input/double output on 69 Mustangs. When used on those 69 Mustang applications they are stained with a red color dye . I could still find some red under the where the rubber hose protected it.The red dye wore off easily and would give it a different appearance not to say that is what you are seeing instead of copper-ish color. Just reporting.  I have had NOS ones and they are red color also. The single in single out is also used on 68 too. I have only seen those used and with color wore off. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby