Author Topic: 69 gt500 wiring HELP!  (Read 1167 times)

Offline 427hunter

69 gt500 wiring HELP!
« on: February 09, 2018, 01:27:11 PM »
Hi all,

so I have the service manuals (with the shelby update) and yet I see no reference to the junction block wiring or the  unattached pigtales that are hanging in the engine compartment. I obviously hooked up the wiper motor but what harnesses am I missing for the remaining pigtales? The shelby had been stripped for restoration prior to my purchase so I have no idea what might be missing. I am reassembling the car right now an what a pain!

Offline 427hunter

Re: 69 gt500 wiring HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 01:28:52 PM »
one more
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:32:44 PM by 427hunter »

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 02:05:25 PM »
First picture: hooded 4 pin square plug is for the neutral safety switch/back up lights that go to the transmission.  If you have a manual transmission, the NSS lights are jumpered on the mate to that plug.
The plug with green wire is for Air Conditioning.
Single female plug with blue/red wire is for the PRDNL lamp (only used if automatic transmission).
flat 3 prong plug is for your engine gauge feed harness: coil, oil, water.  Some later pictures show that harness, and one shows an extension, missing the oil pressure line, IIRC.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 04:59:08 PM »
Hi all,

so I have the service manuals (with the shelby update) and "yet I see no reference to the junction block wiring" or the  unattached pigtales that are hanging in the engine compartment. I obviously hooked up the wiper motor but what harnesses am I missing for the remaining pigtales? The shelby had been stripped for restoration prior to my purchase so I have no idea what might be missing. I am reassembling the car right now an what a pain!
The amp gauge wiring which is what goes to the junction block goes out a different hole in the firewall if that is what you are trying to determine.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 427hunter

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »
Thank you!!!!!

am I missing a harness?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:54:52 PM by 427hunter »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 12:31:07 AM »
Thank you!!!!!

am I missing a harness?
I don't know are you? can't tell what you have and don't have. The harness is typically referred to as the foglight harness. As the name implies the harness is for the foglights as well as the amp gauge. Compare the picture.  If you find that it is missing then I have a nice unused reproduction for 80.00 delivered. PM me if interested.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby