Author Topic: 1967 deluxe door panels. Who makes the best reproduction?  (Read 991 times)

1967 eight barrel

1967 deluxe door panels. Who makes the best reproduction?
« on: February 03, 2018, 01:42:23 AM »
I seem to remember this being covered in the SAAC forum, but didn't see what the consensus was.  I will have to dye them, so the material has to be capable of being dyed. I already have the door and window cups from Drake.
Help would be appreciated.  -Keith

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1967 deluxe door panels. Who makes the best reproduction?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 02:34:32 AM »
I seem to remember this being covered in the SAAC forum, but didn't see what the consensus was.  I will have to dye them, so the material has to be capable of being dyed. I already have the door and window cups from Drake.
Help would be appreciated.  -Keith
I'm not holding back but just can't remember where I got the last ones I used. I will try and ask around.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:10:17 AM »
It has been a while since I bought the ones for our 67 GTA. I bought TMI because Burton Antique Auto who makes the metal inserts recommended TMI. My Interior is saddle so I purchased parchment and dyed it. I am satisfied with the results.
Marty 

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 11:42:48 PM »
I'm not holding back but just can't remember where I got the last ones I used. I will try and ask around.

Bob: I didn't think you would. I just remember someone trying TMI and Mustang Market and one other. I think the Dashes Direct is what they found worked best. My head is on overload lately. I need to pull the trigger and get some panels and get them dyed. The ones I got from Branda were less than stellar and despite the fact I took all the steps be sure the surfaces were prepped, the dye just doesn't adhere well.
Thank you again for the quick response. Advise when you know.
                                                                                                           Regards,
                                                                                                                  -Keith

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 11:46:58 PM »
It has been a while since I bought the ones for our 67 GTA. I bought TMI because Burton Antique Auto who makes the metal inserts recommended TMI. My Interior is saddle so I purchased parchment and dyed it. I am satisfied with the results.
Marty
Marty, Thank you as well. The issue that was posted with the TMI panels was that the hole for the door cup wasn't molded and split where it was cut to clear. Being you installed them, you would know the story.. I am in your boat. My vehicle was not parchment as we know it, but '66 off-white. ( Closest match to what material that was left hidden under the seat moldings.  At any rate, I don't want to have to return or buy another set. It gets expensive doing things twice, or more.

Thank you, -Keith

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 09:12:59 PM »
Marty, Thank you as well. The issue that was posted with the TMI panels was that the hole for the door cup wasn't molded and split where it was cut to clear. Being you installed them, you would know the story.. I am in your boat. My vehicle was not parchment as we know it, but '66 off-white. ( Closest match to what material that was left hidden under the seat moldings.  At any rate, I don't want to have to return or buy another set. It gets expensive doing things twice, or more.

Thank you, -Keith
Dash direct has a nice reproduction panel . I have not used them personally but got the testimonial from a local shop (specializes in Shelby and Mustang) that has used a good number of them last year and already has used some this year.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 10:56:53 PM »
Dash direct has a nice reproduction panel . I have not used them personally but got the testimonial from a local shop (specializes in Shelby and Mustang) that has used a good number of them last year and already has used some this year.

Bob:
Thank you for staying on this. I will go that route.
                                                                  -Keith