Author Topic: 1970 Washer Reservoir Color  (Read 863 times)

Offline 1970 Snake

1970 Washer Reservoir Color
« on: February 03, 2018, 08:23:00 PM »
I recently purchased the Daniel Carpenter Ford licensed windshield washer reservoir and after looking at my original and several others I have, and noticed the color of the reservoir box seems quite white in color compared to the more translucent color of the originals, additionally the coding on the top is not complete as there is a 2$ or a 1$ marking under the code number on the originals which is missing on the repro. Is there a newer more correct version of this reproduction out or is this it, and is this one concours judging acceptable? Would like to know before I go mounting the new pump in it and mounting it in the car.
Dearborn Built Sept 4, 1969
1970 Mach1 428 CJ R-Code C6
Calypso Coral, White Deluxe Interior
dash tach, front bumperettes
Marti report one of one with delay wipers

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1970 Washer Reservoir Color
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 10:22:44 PM »
.....Is there a newer more correct version of this reproduction out or is this it, and is this one concours judging acceptable?
Would like to know before I go mounting the new pump in it and mounting it in the car.

Not that I'm aware of (different or better reproduction)

You should anticipate a note or possible deduction since it is not like the originals. If they don't catch or notice it you go by that time.  If they find allot of other things this may seem minor in comparison and may not even mention it. Some viewers of cars can become blind to some details if they have only observed restored cars in show settings and see allot of them  ::)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 1970 Snake

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 11:43:23 PM »
Thanks Jeff
Dearborn Built Sept 4, 1969
1970 Mach1 428 CJ R-Code C6
Calypso Coral, White Deluxe Interior
dash tach, front bumperettes
Marti report one of one with delay wipers

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:22:32 AM »
I think the reproductions are completely different looking than the originals.....the color is just too white.  Since its not that difficult or expensive to find an original I would just look for one and put that on the car....
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations