Author Topic: 1966 I6 Alternator Bracket and Hood Hinges and Springs  (Read 521 times)

Offline mmorello

1966 I6 Alternator Bracket and Hood Hinges and Springs
« on: February 10, 2018, 05:11:07 PM »
Hi All,
I have been trying to get a definitive answer about the finish/color of the following:
Alternator bracket color and Hood Hinge and Spring color/finish for my 1966 I6 convertible. I have seen blue, black and natural for the brackets, and black and natural for the hinges. I have had 2 very nice gentlemen who know a lot more about this than I do advise me, however they both gave me different answers for the brackets. They agree on the hood hinges, but I'm not sure about the springs. I would appreciate as much advise as possible.
Thanks,
Mark

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1966 I6 Alternator Bracket and Hood Hinges and Springs
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:32:52 PM »
You didn't share where and when your car was built. That often plays into providing the best answer so you might consider including that info with every question or add it to your signature line - or you can expect that will be the first question that will follow your post. Not an answer to your question.

In this case it does not make a difference.

for the hood hinges and springs its been covered many many times on the forum and you likely could have found it using the search feature. Both are finished in Phosphate and then coated in oil

As for the alternator bracket I guess you missed the following thread (found using the terms "66 alternator bracket " in the search tool

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=12030.msg73733#msg73733

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:36:10 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mmorello

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:04:50 PM »
I appreciate all your help, and patience, with my inquiries. Thanks. I'll make note of all of it.
Take care,
Mark

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 06:44:26 PM »
Realize you are new to the site and just want to help you get the most out of it . Welcome
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)