Author Topic: ESB Sealer Tape for 69 Mustang Details  (Read 871 times)

Offline VikingNJ

ESB Sealer Tape for 69 Mustang Details
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:49:16 AM »
Does anyone have a photo and details on what ESB-M3G60-B sealer tape looks like for a 69 mustang. Specifically this is used to seal rear seat belt mounts.
Thanks,
VikingNJ

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: ESB Sealer Tape for 69 Mustang Details
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »
Not sure what you are referring to. Don't have copies of all years and all sections of the assembly manuals. Which manual are you looking at?

Is this something that the book shows on the interior side?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 04:18:28 PM »
The Ford reference books just call it "Sealer Tape" and for example for rear seat belt mounts they call our 2 in x 2 in size. It cant be cloth tape or black duct tape. Just trying to get some idea what it is. Could it be like pliable "tar" squares. Could Ford have changed over to using black chalking? Originally years ago i didnt notice a flat square sealer tape...I thought I saw chalking on my car.

Thanks for responding.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 04:23:07 PM »
Lets try this since I don't recall ever seeign anything and the manual might show another detail that never made its way to the assembly line floor.

We know that your building a 69. What plant and what time period? Not sure that I have allot of stripped interior pictures (have not had many request in the past) but we will see what we can find on unrestored cars.
Jeff Speegle

Offline Crgjohnson

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 10:47:23 PM »
If I understand correctly what you are looking for I believe Jack at Dead Nuts On has the tape

Craig
70 BOSS 302(Dearborn 10/69) Medium Blue Metallic, CA emissions
70 BOSS 302(Dearborn 10/69) Calypso Coral, CA emissions
09 Shelby GT 500, factory stripe delete

MCA 69-71 concours BOSS gold card judge
Mustang restorer (hobby)
69 Cougar 3/69

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »
VikingNJ Looked through the Assembly manuals I have copies of and the only one that got close to the area was the one page in the Body Manual that shows the rear floor pan (interior side) that covers the floor pan plugs and the protectant tape for along the raised edge under the quarter panel trim panels

If I understand correctly what you are looking for I believe Jack at Dead Nuts On has the tape

Craig

For seat belt holes?  Know Jack had the gaffers tape for things like the fuel sender wire and other applications.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:15:19 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle