Author Topic: 68 dealer order docs  (Read 1161 times)

Online CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
68 dealer order docs
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
Came across a set of dealer order/sale docs for a '68 Dearborn coupe, thought folks might be interested in them:

http://www.early-mustang.com/charles/68_order/1968_mustang_docs.html
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: 68 dealer order docs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 06:36:25 PM »
WOW!! neat find there........never seen those before.
5F09C331248

Offline Pete Bush

Re: 68 dealer order docs
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
I have a question regarding the Type Order (22) section on the Order Sheet.

I've been looking on getting a code basis for the Type Order field for my 1966 Build Sheet decoding process. This 1968 Order sheet is the first I've seen where it actually has codes that represent the Type Order. The 1966 Order Sheet that Charles posted earlier does not contain this information.

The question(s) arise from the three white fields to the right of line 62,63. It appears that there are three basic types of orders: Retail, Stock, and Fleet. These fields are then followed by several lines of numerical and alphabetical codes that culminate in several columns that contain the heading of Number of Units. I would take this section to mean the number of cars assigned to a particular Fleet Order. That would leave 23 different codes in the pink boxes beginning with 3 and ending with Z!

To give you an idea on what I'm seeing with the '65 & '66 build sheets, I currently have records with Type Order codes of: 1, 2, 5, and C. Type Order code 1 is the most common. The three export cars I have records for have blank order types.

Now-a-days Ford has a program called AXZD where they sell vehicles to employees of different classifications, and select suppliers, fleet customers, and marketing organizations. Unique codes are generated for each of these classifications. They also have order types codes for Dealer Demo's, Lease Renewal Orders, and Drivers Ed loan out's. I'm not sure if Ford of the '60's had all these same order types, but the number of codes on Charles' '68 Order Sheet certainly makes one wonder what they were all used for. But like today, each order type appears to be a subset of the three broader classifications Retail, Stock, and Fleet.

Anyone have any further information they can share on this subject?
'66 6-cylinder Sprint Convertible
Metuchen - Scheduled May 10th; Built June 21st