Author Topic: MCA - 2010 National Shows  (Read 11468 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: MCA - 2010 National Shows
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 12:46:05 AM »
You are the moderator and the man with the plan !  It is your game Charles!  And, thanks for establishing this site !

Ok, I just made a new one and stuck it at the top.  Nothing needs to change with this thread.  We hope to make this site as user-friendly as possible.

Oh, and BTW, it's not my site.  Jeff and I are Admins working together to get it setup, but it's Randy (Sluggo) who is our supreme leader who got this bird off the ground!!   ;D :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:48:44 AM by caspian65 »
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 12:54:48 AM »
What kind of incentives could be given?

Do some kind of $$ match for charity donation?

Discounted MCA membership for a year for existing and new members?

I would be interested in any and all ideas for incentives.  I am actively contacting clubs right now, including several in the middle of the country.  The good thing is that we have a full schedule for 2010, one approved show for 2011, and others expressing interest for 2011, including the Grand National.  We'll keep doing out utmost to maintain a full schedule of shows distributed around the country.

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 10:55:55 AM »
My Big Bitch is why is the grand national not the last show of the year?Not saying that a grand national is any different than a regular national show(other than extra points and a couple of extra awards),but it should be and having it early in the season cheapens it even more.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »
i agree with mike. the g/n should be the biggest baddest show of the year period. i.e. most cars most attendance etc. i read that it was not in the mca rules that the g/n had to be the last show of the year but maybe that rule needs to be looked at again.
5F09C331248

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 01:48:51 PM »
The Grand National never has been defined as to what it is.  For the record, only about 60 percent of all the Grand Nationals ever held have been the last show of the year.  The reason for changing the date next year was due to weather.  The Washington area is very likely to be rained out, if a GN were held over Labor Day weekend.  Also, they were the only applicants for the 2010 GN.

Furthermore, in many areas of the country, it is simply too darn hot to hold a National in the summer.  October is a perfect time and it is when the show season typically starts.  By holding shows after the GN, it offers opportunities for more clubs to apply for shows.

What is wrong with trying new things?  If they don't work, then we scratch it off the list.  MCA needs to adapt, be flexible, and most of all, be creative.  We have been talking about how to define a GN and how to distinguish it from other shows.  We are working on it, but it takes time.  Maybe if they doubled my salary I could spend more time on it.   ;D

Offline 1MOTIME

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 05:08:25 PM »
I once offered to buy you a beer to help compensate you for your efforts with the MCA !  Wasn't that pay enough ?? ::)
Johnny Knowles, Lebanon, TN
6F07C250136 - 2nd owner, 1966 289 C-code Emberglo coupe, Emberglo & Parchment Pony interior, visibility group option, 3 speed, power steering and power drum brakes, tinted glass, air conditioned

Certified judge, 64 1/2- 66  concours. Hoping for my Gold Card someday !

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »
Hmmmm, I think I need a six-pack at least.   ;D

Offline 1979pacecar

• 1979 Pacecar # 1706
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 04:16:51 AM »
Hello ALL,
As Judge Chairman of Mustangs Northwest I have the great pleasure of saying that we had a record breaking year of cars for this years Roundup Judge Show. With the GN approaching, people are coming out of the wood work, so do speak. We pulled cars out of Canada, Utah, and Oregon as well as Washington for our show. We are anticipating over 200 + judged cars for the GN and will have no maximum number of cars and the Sunday People's Choice Show will bring well over 1,000 cars. Yes, having the GN in July may seem strange, but here in the Northwest the rainy season can hit like Laurie said, right on Labor Day. We have only had 1 day in the last 6 years that it rained on our judged show and it was very brief. MCA and the rest of our beloved Mustang community around the world are in for a real treat for the MCA 2010 GN. We at Mustangs Northwest hope to see you all.

Steve Hermans
Judge Chairman
Mustangs Northwest
Pacecar1979@comcast.net
My Mustang: Restored 1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pacecar # 1706. Judge Chairman of Mustangs Northwest in Seattle. MCA certified in 3rd, 4th, SVT and Saleen, Gold Card in 4th generation MCA#60838.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »
Just realized that not having the Grand National as the last show of the year is going to snafu some of our special awards: the Prestige Award and Pinnacle Award.  These 2 awards are based on the highest total scores for cars in Concours and Modified classes.  The awards are exclusive to the Grand National... or at least were intended to be.  I suppose we can give these out at the Asheville show in July though.  Just something else to consider!

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 09:22:59 PM »
It's the same as this year, and last year, too.  The special awards will be given out at the last show of the year. 

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 09:38:35 PM »
It's the same as this year, and last year, too.  The special awards will be given out at the last show of the year.

I thought the original intent was for them to be special awards for the Grand National, like the Authenticity and Platinum awards.  You know... one of those things that made a Grand National "Grand"   :)

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 09:42:41 PM »
Problem was we did the show schedules before the new awards came out.

Offline Epperstang

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 03:03:14 PM »

The special awards were given at the Grand National last year which was not the last show of the year. Phoenix came after Park City.
J.

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »
That's right, we did.  I believe it was discussed and it was decided that your show would be much larger and have more participation than Phoenix would.  I don't even want to think about the problems we had with the Phoenix club.    ::)