Author Topic: Interest in 64.5 D Code Dual Exhaust System by Scott Fuller  (Read 2516 times)

Offline DM_1964

Hi, just getting a feel for folks out there that are interested in getting a concours correct dual exhaust system for a 64.5 D code system.

I spoke with Scott Fuller a couple weeks ago and asked about this particular type dual exhaust.
He said that he hadn't had that much interest in it, but said it was doable if there was a need for it. It would mean that the cost of creating the tooling would need to be incurred.

If you're interested, please add to this post and we'll see what type of numbers we can get and I'll let Scott know. Check out his website  - www.scottfullerreproductions.com, his work and product is amazing (pic of 66 exhaust).

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:43:57 AM by DM_1964 »
Regards,
Dom
64 1/2 Caspian Blue Convertible - Dearborn

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
Re: Interest in 64.5 D Code Dual Exhaust System by Scott Fuller
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 02:17:04 AM »
DOM.

don't know how you can have " a concours correct dual exhaust system for a 64.5 D code system" when you car was equipped with a single exhaust system only.

Scott Fuller does great work and is a asset to the mustang community with his efforts in accurately reproducing many mustang parts.

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 02:45:45 AM »
don't know how you can have " a concours correct dual exhaust system for a 64.5 D code system" when you car was equipped with a single exhaust system only.

Phill,
I was under the impression it was a dual exhaust, perhaps not (and learnt something new today), from your knowledge can you confirm if it exits with two pipes or one coming out the rear (transverse) muffler?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:20:52 AM by DM_1964 »
Regards,
Dom

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 12:08:42 PM »
Agree with Phill.  Only K codes and 65-66 GT A codes were supposed to get factory installed dual exhaust.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 03:25:22 PM »
I do stand corrected.
I change my request to anyone with interest in having a single exhaust system for a D-code as well as F-code engines please show your interest, may actually make it a little cheaper if Scott is willing to proceed.
Pic attached is the actual exhaust set up.
Regards,
Dom

Offline michaelvonlanthen

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 10:27:11 AM »
Is it true that the dual exhaust could get installed for the D-Code as a dealer option? Would they have installed exactly the same system like for K-Code cars?
Michael Vonlanthen
Switzerland

5F08D189*** - 76A   F   42   06G    75   1   6
Guardsman Blue Convertible with white interior, AT, PB, AC, console, Rally-Pac

Offline ChrisV289

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 11:15:26 AM »
Has anyone approached Scott lately about doing a single exhaust system now that the MCA rules have changed for concours cars?  I'd would like to have a transverse single exhaust muffler with the Ford logo, part number and a date close to mine...
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 02:55:36 PM »
Is it true that the dual exhaust could get installed for the D-Code as a dealer option? Would they have installed exactly the same system like for K-Code cars?

Most likely they would have taken the car to the local exhaust shop and had a system made up. Easier, quicker, cheaper and more profit in the dealerships pocket since the buyer would not care where or how the system got installed just that they got dual exhaust.   Of course (for most organizations judging - if that makes a difference) the system would not be looked as as "original" or acceptable in most cases for judging
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 08:54:34 PM »
Has anyone approached Scott lately about doing a single exhaust system now that the MCA rules have changed for concours cars?  I'd would like to have a transverse single exhaust muffler with the Ford logo, part number and a date close to mine...
Hey Chris, what's the rule change?
From what I learnt after I raised this thread a few years back is that the transverse muffler didn't have any logos/part no/date stamped for the early cars 65-66 from factory, probably need someone with an unrestored low mileage car to confirm, Mike Murray has one with around 4,000 original miles.
I've seen NOS mufflers over the years appear on eBay specifying fit 65-66 but stamped with part numbers starting C7, probably a service replacement.
Regards,
Dom

Offline ChrisV289

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 10:15:01 PM »
Hey Chris, what's the rule change?
From what I learnt after I raised this thread a few years back is that the transverse muffler didn't have any logos/part no/date stamped for the early cars 65-66 from factory, probably need someone with an unrestored low mileage car to confirm, Mike Murray has one with around 4,000 original miles.
I've seen NOS mufflers over the years appear on eBay specifying fit 65-66 but stamped with part numbers starting C7, probably a service replacement.

For concours you need to have documentation the car came with dual exhaust unless it is a factory GT or K code.  I have pictures of Mike's exhaust but not at a good angle to see if it has a part number on it or not...
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 01:32:12 AM »
The only part number on the muffler/tailpipe is on the tailpipe.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!