Author Topic: Possible new reproduction part...  (Read 2028 times)

Offline 2ndgen

Possible new reproduction part...
« on: June 05, 2011, 12:20:16 AM »
Several weeks back there was a thread on another Mustang forum about desired new reproduction parts started by the folks at Scott Drake Enterprises. In that thread I listed my pet peeve - the small plastic gear indicator used in the automatic shifters from 69-73. These pieces are very brittle and are often broken when the bushings wear out in the shifters. In the thread, phw (Paul) offered to try to make some if they were as simple as I indicated they were...

Over the past several weeks Paul and I have collaborated via the mails and the internet; I am in San Diego and Paul is in Denmark. I shipped as many pieces as I could find and took measurements for Paul; he produced a CAD model and used his company's plastics molding equipment to generate the pictured prototypes. We are currently communicating with possible vendors to make these available for sale. Paul did this to help the hobby and may not ever recover his costs...

I believe the full part number is C9ZZ-7A110-A

According to my parts interchange information, this part should service automatic shifters for the following applications:

69-73 Ford Mustang
71-80 Ford Pinto
74-78 Ford Mustang II
70-77 Ford Maverick
69-73 Mercury Cougar (based on the Mustang)
75-80 Mercury Bobcat (based on the Pinto)
71-77 Mercury Comet (based on the Maverick)

I would love to hear any feedback from the concours enthusiasts... any inaccuracies in this part are my fault and not Paul's; however it appears to be a very faithful reproduction. If we are unable to make arrangements with a vendor, then Paul may do a one time run for enthusiasts.

-Rory

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Possible new reproduction part...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 06:13:27 PM »
Just broke one of these the other day :(

Looking at your pictures don't see anything that jumps out at me at the moment

Thanks for sharing
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)