Author Topic: Fuel line placement  (Read 4541 times)

Offline sparky65

Fuel line placement
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »
Okay I went to install my new fuel line today and realized I never took good pictures on how it routed.  Especially the back part seems strange it seems to pass up the tank then bends back.  Seems like a waste of tubing to me.  I don't have any good pictures of where all the mounting hardware go either.   I bought a fuel line grommet becouse I saw it in the NPD catalog and thought i remembered one.  However i think that was on my brothers car which is a 8cyl. This is an early 67 I6 car that has the one piece fuel line routed with the brake line in the tran's tunnel.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Fuel line placement
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:14:14 PM »
Can't promise that they are good pictures (had to combine a number of cars to build this)

Hope it helps - front to back

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline sparky65

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 09:58:18 PM »
As always thanks for the great pictures Jeff.  Your really have a wealth of knowledge and what seems like an endless supply of pictures.  Three quick questions.  I hope the first two pictures are from a 8cyl car becouse my line doesn't seem to bend under the frame rail.  It goes up instead.  In the last picture is that a clip that holds the line to the edge of the trunk floor?  Does it just push on to that lip that extends down or is there a screw?  Which line goes on top (furthest away from where the clip attaches to the floor) in the tunnel brake or fuel?   The pictures really help I think I slid the lines too far back and some of the bends need to be tweeked.  Should be able to figure this out now.
Steve
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline sparky65

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:02:43 PM »
Finally found some more pictures.  I really need to organize them better.  Here is the routing up the inside of the engine bay.

Notice the clamp is extra large I think by checking some other pictures it the speedometer cable routed through there as well.  Is that correct?  The clamps kit I got doesn't have one that large.
Steve
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 02:42:51 AM »
As always thanks for the great pictures Jeff.  Your really have a wealth of knowledge and what seems like an endless supply of pictures.  Three quick questions.  I hope the first two pictures are from a 8cyl car becouse my line doesn't seem to bend under the frame rail.  It goes up instead.

Sorry not allot of 6 cyl pictures

In the last picture is that a clip that holds the line to the edge of the trunk floor?  Does it just push on to that lip that extends down or is there a screw? 

The trunk floor (ahead of the gas tank) is bent down from the gas tank front lip. It has a slight bend in the edge towards the rear of the car. The clip - clips into a hole in the lip and the fuel line simply pushes up in to it and "clips" into place.

There are a couple of other styles - but never seen them at any other than San Jose and their application was limited. The one shown is the most typical and think its the only one possibly used at Dearborn

Which line goes on top (furthest away from where the clip attaches to the floor) in the tunnel brake or fuel?   .......

On the retaining clips that run down the tunnel that hold both the fuel and brake lines the larger (fuel) goes at the end of the clip (inside turn) and the smaller (brake) line goes on the side towards the floor. In that way the progression of the clamp getting larger towards the end (of the loop) matches the size of line.

BTW you picture (or lack of) above didn't show up
Jeff Speegle

Offline sparky65

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »
BTW you picture (or lack of) above didn't show up

Hmm.  Can anyone else see it?  Shows up fine for me.

Anyway does anyone know if there was a clamp that screwed into the floor where the line crossed to the tunnel from the frame rail extensions?  The PO replaced the floor on the drivers side and and put one in there but the hole size is wrong for the bolts I got and the others match leaving me to suspect there was never one there.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 11:03:42 PM by sparky65 »
Steve
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 09:28:01 PM »
See it now

Will see if I have something if someone does not post
Jeff Speegle

Offline camelback

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 05:38:23 AM »
Does anyone have some pictures about a 67' V8 underfloor (2 pc line) placement? I need to see where the brackets are placed and the bracket type.
'67 Coupe Dearborn Scheduled Build May 5th,1967 289/C4
'70 Conv. Dearborn Scheduled Build December 16th,1969 302/C4
'71 T-5 Conv.Dearborn Scheduled Build October 8th,1970 302/C4
MCA #74746