Author Topic: Parking Brake Equalizer Lever  (Read 2287 times)

Offline sparky65

Parking Brake Equalizer Lever
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:10:47 PM »
I some how misplaced my parking brake equalizer lever.  I figured its just a piece of metal with a few bends so I ordered a reproduction one.  Well the line diagram in my repair manual seems to show one of the corners which is close to the pivot point should be bent down.  The reproduction doesn't have that detail.  Should be able to put it in a vise and hit it with a hammer but want to make sure it should be there.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline Sunlitgold68

Re: Parking Brake Equalizer Lever
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »
Is there a salvage yard near you, reproduction parts will only lead to further frustrations!
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline sparky65

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:47:17 PM »
Is there a salvage yard near you, reproduction parts will only lead to further frustrations!
I know haven't had much luck lately with the reproduction stuff.  :-\
There are quite a few salvage yards around but haven't found any with cars this old.  My theory is there are lots of cars on the road so lots of accidents in NJ and real estate is expensive.  The yards run out of room fast and crush the oldest stuff first. The only place I know of which is a few hours away is CJ Pony parts and they don't let you in.  You have to ask them to get parts for you.  I am more annoyed with myself that I cant find my original.  If I wait long enough I am sure I can find a used one for sale.  I just figured I could move forward and buy this piece new since it is so simple.  It really shouldn't take long to correct just need to know if it is wrong.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline Sunlitgold68

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 11:58:19 PM »
I know a few people who have these type parts laying around, 65-68 mustangs with good OEM parts. If you are interested send me a message.
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC