Author Topic: My 1993 Feature Car 'Resto' thread - YELANOR  (Read 11831 times)

Offline jwc66k

Re: My 1993 Feature Car 'Resto' thread - YELANOR
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 04:06:29 PM »
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!  8) 8) 8)

I went to the Detroit Lions game today and they came back to beat the Dolphins in the closing minutes, woohoo!!!
It's clean enough that 21 years later, you can actually still read the decal affixed to it (3rd picture).
Add this to the list of things to install this winter. Thanks again Will!!  :)
- 1993 H-Pipe

Didn't know that Detroit had a football team (go 9ers).
What's the smaller crossover pipe used for?
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »

What's the smaller crossover pipe used for?
Jim

Downstream Converter Thermactor, A.I.R injection connection ;)
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline KevinMac

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 11:47:51 AM »
I had a few more parts come in from my dealership buddy. I will have lots to do now that the snow has started to fly!  :o

Also, I will be at the Ford SuperSwap in Columbus, OH the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Anyone else going with a shopping list??  8)

- Spare tire hold down bolt (there are 2 lengths, this is the convertible version)

- NOS Positive Battery Cable

- NOS Negative Battery Cable

- NOS Hood Insulator Clips

- NOS Inside Marker Lights

- 1969 Mustang Coupe #1 - spent 2 years on body work only to be rear ended and having it totaled on the way to the paint shop :(
- 1969 Mustang Coupe #2 - Sold in 2006
- 1993 Mustang Feature Car - In process
- 1994 Ford Lightning - Sold in 2004
- 1994 Mustang GT - runs low 9's at 148mph :)

Offline 79mustangcobra

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 01:34:02 PM »
Cool NOS parts there!  I saw on Ebay a pair of the 93 Floor Mats.

1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
MCA #70281 -  79-93 MCA Concours Judge
Proverbs 3:5-6

Offline KevinMac

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 09:23:12 PM »
Just a quick update as the scavenger goes on. Over the holidays and through the last month, I found the following:

- NOS Wiper Motor Cover

- NOS Front Air Damn

- NOS Front License Plate Holder, w/ Mounting Hardware

This wiper motor cover replaces the one I found late last year and is in mint condition. As for other parts, I'm still struggling to find tires and a battery...the hunt continues !
- 1969 Mustang Coupe #1 - spent 2 years on body work only to be rear ended and having it totaled on the way to the paint shop :(

Offline KevinMac

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 09:25:11 PM »
Cool NOS parts there!  I saw on Ebay a pair of the 93 Floor Mats.

Believe it or not, those are still available without too much searching. Mine has the original mats plus I'd bought an additional set when I first bought the car. I paid $30 then and they are running about $125 now.  :o

Offline KevinMac

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 05:21:04 PM »
Happy Spring everyone! Are you all as excited as I am that the snow is almost gone? Car shows will be here before we know it!  8)

It's been a couple months since I checked in and the parts hoard continues to grow. A bit warmer out and I will actually be able to start installing some of these things without getting frostbite!  :o

First up if the piece I am most proud of.  8) As I'd noted in my first post, the original owner had put an aftermarket radio in...drilling holes in the otherwise mint console in the process. After 6 months and countless black consoles evaluated, I've finally found a virgin piece, that isn't cracked that I've deemed worthy to put in the car. There is a lot of junk out there so buyer beware, look at them closely before committing to buy as the good ones are rare and their prices are only going up. I ended up giving $270 for this after shipping (which was about $35). I figure I will be able to recoup about $100 of that when I sell my old one.  :P

- Black Center Console

Next up, the OEM wheel locks that came with my car were in a zip lock in the console when I bought it. I've also since realized, the key for those lug nuts is not to be found. Luckily, I came across this NOS set of lugs, the lock and even the original envelope and paperwork to accompany the key. A nice find IMO.

- NOS Wheel Locks

While going over the car last Fall with my checklist of things to inspect that may need to be replaced, I noticed 1 wiper blade was Anco and the other unmarked. The simple fix was a set of NOS wiper blades. They are still out there and not too difficult to find. Note, the later cars had a 16" blade while the earlier years 16 1/2", so be sure you buy the correct blades for you car!

- NOS Wiper Blades

Earlier this winter I had purchased an NOS window switch as the paint on one of the buttons was faded a bit. The driver's side lock switch had the same issue, so now I've found a new switch for that too!

- NOS Drivers Door Lock Switch

As far as provenance for my car goes, I've found a couple of additional pieces to go with the original sales brochure I have. I came up with license plate plates frames from the dealer that originally sold the car. Also, the 1993 Accessories Catalog that dealerships had on hand to try to sell you more options. In the case of the catalog, a Feature car is on the cover as well as inside fitted with various aftermarket options.  ;)

- Pat Milliken Ford License Plate Frames
- 1993 Ford Accessories Catalog

Last but not least, I noticed I was missing the emergency keys from my Owner's Manual kit. I found these on eBay for a few bucks, so that nicely fills out of my Owner's documentation!

- Emergency Keys

Offline JeffD

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
do you have the Ford cassette tape for the radio?
Jeff Deaton
64 1/2 D-Code - in progress way too long....
Body   65A   Color M   Interior 56   
Date 15G   DSO 24   Axle 1   Trans 6

Offline KevinMac

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 06:26:09 PM »
do you have the Ford cassette tape for the radio?

Yes, I was able to find an unopened one, still in the cellophane.  ;)

Offline JeffD

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2015, 06:51:16 PM »
Yes, I was able to find an unopened one, still in the cellophane.  ;)

wahoo!! - yeah i was able to get a hold of a couple packages - of the 94/30th anniversary style... hard to believe its been over 20 years now.
Jeff Deaton
64 1/2 D-Code - in progress way too long....
Body   65A   Color M   Interior 56   
Date 15G   DSO 24   Axle 1   Trans 6

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 08:55:11 PM »
Can you explain the "emergency keys" a bit?  They look like blank plastic keys to me.  How were they to be used?
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 08:58:12 PM »
you had them cut to match the real keys & then carried the packet in your wallet.
5F09C331248

Offline KevinK

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 02:21:46 PM »
NOS parts are great, but depending on the class you display your car in, some are not correct. For example, the positive battery cable posted would be incorrect as it is a service replacement type. In the unrestored class, you would loose points. Likely the same story in Thoroughbred Class.
MCA #33800, Gold Card 3rd Gen
BAMA Member
67 Coupe, 69 Coupe, 74 Coupe, 84 SVO, 84 GT Turbo, 88 McLaren, 89 LX Sport, 03 Mach 1, 07 GT500, 14 GT/CS

Offline bluemax

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
NOS parts are great, but depending on the class you display your car in, some are not correct. For example, the positive battery cable posted would be incorrect as it is a service replacement type. In the unrestored class, you would loose points. Likely the same story in Thoroughbred Class.

Ditto on NOS vs. factory installed. The two are not always the same. As an example, I posted a comparison of the positive battery cable variations over the years in the SVO section. Big difference in the final version vs. the oem factory installed piece for just the SVO models.

Offline KevinMac

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
Ditto on NOS vs. factory installed. The two are not always the same. As an example, I posted a comparison of the positive battery cable variations over the years in the SVO section. Big difference in the final version vs. the oem factory installed piece for just the SVO models.

You are both and battery cables seem to be a hot point. I spent a good bit of time with Terry McCoy (Gold Judge) yesterday and he will be giving my car the initial look over at next week's Mustang show here at Dearborn. That way I have a list of areas to target over this coming winter.  :)