Author Topic: 64.5 apron fender mount measurements help  (Read 1042 times)

Offline misterwhite

64.5 apron fender mount measurements help
« on: September 13, 2014, 09:34:59 AM »
I'm replacing my front inner aprons and radiator support on my 64.5 coupe and need some help with a measurement. the pass side front apron is looking off a bit and I want to check the distances from the fender mounting hole closest to the cowl and the first(closest to shock tower) and last(closest to radiator support) holes on the front inner section I'm replacing. I couldn't locate these measurements in my shop manual or the green assembly manuals. any help will be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:29:49 PM by misterwhite »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 64.5 apron fender mount measurements help
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:35:24 PM »
First welcome to the site - hope you find the information and experiences found here to be of help in your concours restoration efforts

Unfortunately can't guarantee that the cars I have are any closer to "square" than yours but will check tomorrow

Sure though the shop manual has some of the engine compartment measurements in it - don't think I've seen any of that stuff in the Assembly manuals
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline misterwhite

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:42:48 PM »
Thank you, I wasn't able to find it in the shop manual(not to say its not in there though).

I was able to get the measurement from someone though. It's 35.5 inches from first hole(near cowl) to the oval hole that is overlapped by the radiator support center to center.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 12:18:31 AM »
OK since the fenders were bolted on we were lucky that not all the bolts were installed so I used those as landmarks

IMHO you will need allot more measurements to make sure all the panels are square - Not really experenced in those tasks - rarely need to replace any of them on the cars I've owned. Hope this helps

A= 40 1/2"

B= 30 5/16"

Note that A is measured from the front edge of the rear most hole to the inner fender hole edge visible through the radiator support hole.

B is taken from the forward edge of the rearmost fender hole in the inner fender, drivers side, to the rear edge of the hole just in front of the VIN location

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline misterwhite

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »
awesome, I'm glad to see my measurements are matching up with what you've provided and what I got from another source. I just wanted to make sure the mounting holes were going to line up properly before I welded them in since I don't have fenders at all right now. I'm really happy to have found this forum, it seems to have a ton of info and helpful people on it.