Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Antenna Rattle

(1/15) > >>

IndyFive-O:
Has anyone come up with a way to stop the repop antenna's from rattling?

This thing is driving me crazy.

carlite65:
only way i know of is to use nos antenna. i have found radio reception poor on the repops.

J_Speegle:
Take a pair of pliers and dent in the mast, squeezing the inner section.   :o

Likely will not extend  -  but it will stop rattling. Just another less than perfect reproduction

IndyFive-O:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on April 24, 2015, 11:28:45 PM ---Take a pair of pliers and dent in the mast, squeezing the inner section.   :o

Likely will not extend  -  but it will stop rattling. Just another less than perfect reproduction

--- End quote ---

I would actually consider doing this since I don't extend it anyway. Wouldn't kinking it cause it to bend it that spot - make it weak?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: IndyFive-O on April 25, 2015, 10:09:06 PM ---I would actually consider doing this since I don't extend it anyway. Wouldn't kinking it cause it to bend it that spot - make it weak?

--- End quote ---

If your really going to be forced into that extreme You might consider drilling a small hole and injecting some epoxy or another sealant that would isolate and insulate the middle shafts from the outer. But yes deforming the outer will cause a kink that would be very noticeable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version