Author Topic: Headliner install 69 sportsroof  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Stangly

• Gold Level Subscriber
Headliner install 69 sportsroof
« on: June 27, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »
I didn't take note of which holes the lower or upper that my bows were installed.  I have the headliner installed (dryfit) right now in the upper holes.  I have the listings trimmed and fitting nice.  Once I hook the two hooks at the rear of the car that hold the rear bow in place all hell breaks loose.  This is pulling the whole headliner to far back.  I am unable to pull the liner forward enough to get the front two bows to stand up all the way.  My thoughts are that the headliner itself is off, the distance between the listings.  The other thought is maybe I should be using the lower holes.  I've read a couple of things regarding the two sets of holes.  One that there were two holes for inconsistencies in the body and the other if the car was for taller passengers.  I have the liner close but am not completely happy with the results and wonder if maybe the lower holes might be worth a try.
69 Sports Roof 302 2V (numbers matching)
Dearborn (June build date) Acapulco Blue
68 Coupe J-Code
San Jose (June build date) Sea Foam Green
2001 V6 Laser Red
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: Headliner install 69 sportsroof
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 09:57:49 PM »
I just read recently that the bow hooks at the rear are different lengths, depending upon whether the car is a coupe or fastback.  This person had issues similar to what you describe.  Are your hooks original to your car?

I've been trying to find the correct lengths of the convertible bow hooks, but they are incredibly hard to find either NOS or reproductions.   ;D
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline Stangly

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: Headliner install 69 sportsroof
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 10:30:17 PM »
I had found some hooks off a grande, but found out they were incorrect.  I was able to order some reproductions for my fastback and they were in fact longer.
69 Sports Roof 302 2V (numbers matching)
Dearborn (June build date) Acapulco Blue
68 Coupe J-Code
San Jose (June build date) Sea Foam Green
2001 V6 Laser Red
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue