Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

Shock tower reinforcements

(1/2) > >>

preaction:
Does anyone know why 67 GT cougars got the CJ style shock tower braces and mustangs didn't ?

J_Speegle:
Believe your asking about the shock tower reinforcements

You sure?  Looked through my pictures and I don't see that they are the same in those

Later Cougars (like 69-70) all were suppose to be equipped with the big block style reinforcements - just what the engineers and Ford wanted and a way to save money on the cheaper Mustangs

67 GT big block Cougar example (they look the same as C code non-GT examples I have pictures of)

68 CJ Shock tower reinforcements

preaction:
Jeff, I am sure I don't have pics today but will soon. The only model cougar I have seen with them were  GT"s  and I have seen 2 cars built this way and both are 67. when I first saw this I thought it was a fluke the only common denominator is that both cars are( early ) as both have bag windshield washer reservoir's.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: preaction on November 09, 2015, 09:23:50 PM ---Jeff, I am sure I don't have pics today but will soon. The only model cougar I have seen with them were  GT"s  and I have seen 2 cars built this way and both are 67. when I first saw this I thought it was a fluke the only common denominator is that both cars are( early ) as both have bag windshield washer reservoir's.

--- End quote ---

Will be spending the day with some of the Cougar experts later this week - will ask them

Not sure how shock towers that I would not expect to be in production for another 12 months would be available to use at Dearborn.

Picture of the GT engine compartment above was from a April built car

Were these small blocks or big block cars?

preaction:
Both cars are S code GT models.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version