Author Topic: TESTING Evapo-Rust  (Read 5877 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: TESTING Evapo-Rust
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 03:46:15 PM »
Rust 911 is $65 and it makes 16 gallons.  The stuff works awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm! Sounds good
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »
Just ordered some to try out. It was 59.95 this time.  I hope I am as happy with it as you are. Thanks.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 07:19:04 PM »
Ive been using Evaporust now for years.  Because it works so well never really tried anything else.  In Arizona I am getting about 2 years out of 10 gallons that I buy at a time.  And I agree....once it turns really black then its time to change and buy some more.  To me its a "must have" for any shop - even if you just buy one gallon or try a similiar product.   
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline ng8264723

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 09:38:49 AM »
I dipped a holley 715 CJ carb that was pretty rusty.  Not only did the 911 remove rust from the steel parts it took all the plating off the zinc and left a nice surface.  I'm now sending the bowls and body out for machine work then to the platers

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 07:10:17 AM »
Just ordered some to try out. It was 59.95 this time.  I hope I am as happy with it as you are. Thanks.

Bob, have you tried the Rust 911 yet? 

I'm  ready to do insides of a hood and estimate a need of about 5 gallons, get's pricey  going with Evaporust but I need to pull the trigger on a product ASAP nonetheless. I began a thread on another product called Dr. X that looks to work a whole lot faster than Evaporust but nobody responded and I don't want an unkown product eating at the seams of my hood if by chance I cannot get all of it out from between the panels.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 11:09:56 AM »

I'm  ready to do insides of a hood and estimate a need of about 5 gallons, get's pricey  going with Evaporust but I need to pull the trigger on a product ASAP nonetheless. I began a thread on another product called Dr. X that looks to work a whole lot faster than Evaporust but nobody responded and I don't want an unkown product eating at the seams of my hood if by chance I cannot get all of it out from between the panels.
The concentrate is still in the gallon jug. I plan on using it in the near future but cant say exactly when becaue I have too many projects going on.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Crgjohnson

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 01:47:50 AM »
Evapo rust works awesome. I built a waterproof wood box and soaked both my drive line and leaf springs. All the corrosion came off leaving the original paint marking visible so I could recreate later. Hard to imagine restoring a concours car without it.

Craig
70 BOSS 302(Dearborn 10/69) Medium Blue Metallic, CA emissions
70 BOSS 302(Dearborn 10/69) Calypso Coral, CA emissions
09 Shelby GT 500, factory stripe delete

MCA 69-71 concours BOSS gold card judge
Mustang restorer (hobby)
69 Cougar 3/69

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2016, 12:50:39 PM »

The concentrate is still in the gallon jug. I plan on using it in the near future but cant say exactly when becaue I have too many projects going on.

Some results of RUST911 ( or Rust 911, Rust-911) over in another thread, I thought I'd tie them together to SPLIT the discussion. ;)
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=14182.msg88146#msg88146
Richard Urch