Author Topic: 67 to 69 battery hold down  (Read 1396 times)

Offline preaction

67 to 69 battery hold down
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:58:43 PM »
Im trying to learn to tell the difference between a factory battery hold down and the reproductions being made. Looking through the posts about these there are a few photo's but from a distance they seem to look very close in appearance is there an easy way to pick out an original ? Was an engineering number used on these ?
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 67 to 69 battery hold down
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 11:26:42 PM »
Im trying to learn to tell the difference between a factory battery hold down and the reproductions being made. Looking through the posts about these there are a few photo's but from a distance they seem to look very close in appearance is there an easy way to pick out an original ? Was an engineering number used on these ?
No engineering number. You can typically tell by the pattern of drips on the originals compared to the repros.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 01:46:53 PM »
The hold down on my 69.  No idea if OE or otherwise and only has one ' drip '  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 04:07:06 PM »
The hold down on my 69.  No idea if OE or otherwise and only has one ' drip '  Brian
The hold down nut is aftermarket replacement. It should have the spinning washer (AMK). Also can be sourced inside the doors of 69. Can't see much of actual hold down to make a call but if only one drip I would guess a reproduction/replacement too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby