Author Topic: Lucas Fog Light Questions  (Read 1939 times)

Offline ninedrvr

Lucas Fog Light Questions
« on: August 25, 2021, 10:09:27 AM »
A while back I picked up a pair of Lucas FT8 fog lamps on Ebay. The bodies are all chrome with the large wire holes which I believe makes these later models than what would be on a 69 Shelby. The lenses both say "England" on the bottom but one of them has a "E11" on it while the other doesn't. I have a few questions about these lights. When they are hung upside down (like a 69 Shelby), do the lenses get reversed or should "England" read up side down?

The retaining bezels have a white trapezoidal shaped gasket at each retainer screw but there isn't any other gasket that seals the lamp. Is something missing or is this the way it's supposed to be?

1969 GT500 Convertible Recreation

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Lucas Fog Light Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 11:41:21 AM »
There are at least 4-5 different versions of the lenses.  I can't answer the question on lens orientation on a '69, but the white gasket mentioned is correct.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 01:13:42 PM »
There are at least 4-5 different versions of the lenses.  I can't answer the question on lens orientation on a '69, but the white gasket mentioned is correct.
+1 . The lens was typically reversed given the bezel was taken off and reversed for reasons of aesthetics and drip hole. The larger cone shaped gray wire grommet was not typically used on Shelby factory supplied Lucas lights. The small round black grommet was typical.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ninedrvr

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 02:53:01 PM »
So there is no other gasket on these?
1969 GT500 Convertible Recreation

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 03:09:39 PM »
So there is no other gasket on these?

No sir