3rd Generation 1979 - 1993 > 1979 - 1993

Received my Original Ford Invoice (AKA Eminger) for my 1 owner 84

(1/2) > >>

hopeto:
I am the original owner of an 84 GT Convertible with 1800 miles. I had kept every original piece of paperwork (window sticker, paper plate, sales contract, visor convertible instructions, etc.) from when I had ordered the car new. At the time I had not thought to try to obtain the original invoice. Several years ago when Kevin Marti first got these invoices I contacted him and he could not locate mine. A few months ago I asked again while I was ordering a different cars Marti Report and he had located it. It arrived today and I am ecstatic!!

nham3407:
Wonder why it went to Cars & Concepts before dealer?

krelboyne:
Google answer was:
CARS & CONCEPTS INC is a DOT registered motor carrier located in BRIGHTON, MI.

67gta289:
I believe that a more complete answer was that Cars & Concepts cut the top off and made the convertible as a subcontract to Ford.  Remember that convertibles were coming out of hibernation since 1973 for the Mustang, and the line was not set up for it.  I think Ford took back in house in 85 or 86.   That is all based on memory, a little fuzzy on the details after all these years.  C&C did some of the Chrysler convertible mods also (K-car).  I think they did T-Top stuff in the 1970's which put them in the position of helping Ford bring the convertible back.  Once it was a success, Ford took the work back.

hopeto:

--- Quote from: nham3407 on June 28, 2017, 03:13:45 PM ---Wonder why it went to Cars & Concepts before dealer?

--- End quote ---
67gta289 's answer is correct. Car's and Concepts was responsible for turning these into convertibles. Here's a link to a Car and Driver article from back in the day that somewhat explains.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/1983-ford-mustang-convertible-review

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version