Author Topic: Kansas City Grand National Roll Call  (Read 7858 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Kansas City Grand National Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2017, 11:39:32 AM »
Just want to give a shout out... that Kansas City show was one of the best I have ever attended.  Very well done!!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2017, 12:28:13 PM »
I would totally agree with that.  Having that indoor area with the spacing between the cars and the lift available was great. Enjoyed seeing everyone there. 
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline BobV

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 03:21:04 PM »
Good show! A lot of planning & effort went into it, and it showed. Thanks to everyone who attended - either with a car, helping judge, or just spectating.
The volunteers are ALL pretty worn out today. My watch says I logged over 42,000 steps.

The preliminary totals showed a $45,000 donation of the net proceeds to Children's Mercy Hospital, plus $10,000 each additional from Shelby and MCA.  8) Between the young man, the donation, and that Star-Spangled banner, there were a lot of goosebumps and a few man-tears in the room on Sunday.

I barely had time to make one round of the outdoor lot on Friday. Helped with Unrestored judging on Saturday. That lighting was harsh indoors.
1986 Saleen Mustang
51k miles 98% original

Offline OldMustangGuy

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2017, 07:34:06 PM »
that Kansas City show was one of the best I have ever attended.  Very well done!!

+1....I've been to a lot of good shows and more than a few that were frankly awful. This one has set the bar very high for any future MCA event. Fantastic job!

Offline BobV

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2017, 10:20:48 PM »
For those who did not see the awards - My company built them. We build livestock tools, not "awards", so we're pretty proud of the work.

We really enjoyed building those awards for the most part... Getting the polished finish right was really a trick - even with wrapping and sleeving them, avoiding scratches was HUGE headache. Not sure if you saw the vendor awards on the table in front; we did a brushed finish on those that looked awesome, but was even more work (and a budget buster). Since all show proceeds would be donated to Children's Mercy Hospital, we did the awards at cost, and actually wrote off the design, engineering, and programming expense as R & D work. We started these way back in February.

They are 3003 Aluminum Billet, 7" in diameter x 1/4" thick. The CNC work was about 12 minutes each on a HAAS VF2. The smaller logos and lettering were done on our new laser engraver (7"x7" window). Initial designs were 8" and fully CNC'd, but the cycle time was close to 30 minutes... (expen$ive!) The discs were sent to a company in Chicago who does electro-polishing. I assembled every one of the 450 awards myself on my office desk over a 5 week span. There's a pair of #4-40x1/8" screws that hold the plate in the machined recess -every one done by hand.
The aluminum inserts are anodized in 5 different colors, depending on the type of award, and Laser engraved as well. That material is actually what we use to stamp MILLIONS of Rabies Tags for dogs & cats...

(note:difficult to get great pictures, as the finish is VERY shiny, almost like chrome)
1986 Saleen Mustang
51k miles 98% original

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2017, 10:44:13 PM »
From a MCA staff perspective it was one of the best organized and executed shows we have done in the last seven years. From a partiapant view point it was outstanding. I hope we can do as well in Lincoln NE. next year.
Marty 

Offline nham3407

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »
++ on the cudos to the Kansas City club for orchestrating a great event.  They talk of a couple of "hiccups" in the post show communication, but from my perspective it went very smooth.  Secured a Gold as well for the 72.  Bob V. your craftsmanship will be proudly displayed in my home for years to come.  Great job and a very unique design.

I was even the very lucky recipient of the drawing for the Barrett Jackson certificate.  Making plans for Scottsdale in January and I have a line of people wanting to go along.  Just going to be Dad and I.  He bought the 72 for me 35 years ago and I enjoy every minute we have together because of the car.
67 GT S-Code, San Jose, 06/67
72 Mach 1, Dearborn, 01/72
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 12/67 (Red)
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 6/68 (White)

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2017, 02:26:53 AM »
Video from last weekend from Jerry Heasley....

Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2017, 11:12:48 PM »
Video from last weekend from Jerry Heasley....

Seems a lot of folks don't know what makes a Grand National grand!  One thing I didn't hear mentioned was that points for grille medallions are worth more at a GN.  This is in addition to the T-bred Authenticity award, Unrestored Platinum, Concours Prestige and Modified Pinnacle.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin