Author Topic: 66 San Jose Undercarriage Finish Guide Posted in Library  (Read 1004 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
66 San Jose Undercarriage Finish Guide Posted in Library
« on: October 29, 2017, 07:15:55 PM »
Just posted up a final (hopefully) draft of a 20 year + project for comment and correction. Seems that every time I look at it I want to tweek and add a little but its time to kick it out of the nest and get others at least started. 

English was never one of my better subjects in school.  I've been sending these out, rather than retyping all of this every time some one asks, over the years so figured it would never be perfect and that I should share at this point. If there are any questions of comments please use this thread to do so and I'll adjust or help out from there.

Wish the illustrations printed to pdf as clearly as they do on the screen or on paper but viewing the article full screen helps a bit

It's posted in the 1966 section of the Library in the first article section under the title of  Undercarriage - Finishes and Sealer Guide for 1966 San Jose Built Mustangs  & Shelby's A link is also provided in the 65-70 Shelby articles section

Its a Big file so will take some time to load. Be patient  :)

Hope this helps many with these cars as we have with the already published 69 & 70 Dearborn undercarriage articles.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline DKutz

Re: 66 San Jose Undercarriage Finish Guide Posted in Library
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 09:32:45 PM »
Awesome, now do one for 65 SJ
1965 Mustang Fastback 'A' Code, silver Blue Met, Med blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #1449**

Gone but not forgotten - 1996 Mustang GT

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 10:29:00 PM »
Awesome, now do one for 65 SJ

I've followed the need/demand over the years. Basically ones that I got the most requests for that often served duel purposes Mustang, Boss, Shelby for example

65 and 67 San Jose are the next ones that have been written years ago and adjusted as time passed.  65 SJ will be very similar to the 66 SJ and at least in 67 at San Jose there were not as many running changes on undercarriage details as there were through out the rest of the car  ::) The challenge is dealing with micro patterns or running changes, when they might have started or changed with some certainty so it helps owners and builders

Thanks for the kind comment
Jeff Speegle

Offline DKutz

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 10:12:44 AM »
It's an awesome write up!  I assume most of the process is the same for 65 with slight variation.
1965 Mustang Fastback 'A' Code, silver Blue Met, Med blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #1449**

Gone but not forgotten - 1996 Mustang GT

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 03:02:28 PM »
It's an awesome write up!  I assume most of the process is the same for 65 with slight variation.

Order of some things (one over the other) is different as well as the firewall rearward colors are two of the bigger differences
Jeff Speegle