Author Topic: Removing Original '67 Dashpad?  (Read 685 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Removing Original '67 Dashpad?
« on: November 03, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »
I'm having some trouble removing the original dashpad from my '67 coupe.  I'd like to go ahead and pull it before doing bodywork, plus I also plan to do some repair to the cowl area.  I have the nuts removed from the studs near the outer A/C vents.  I also have all of the screws out from beneath the dash trim, as well as all of the screws that run along the base of the windshield.  The instrument cluster is out, the center A/C vent is removed, and so is the passenger's side dash trim.  What am I missing?  Since this is the original pad, I'm afraid to pull on it much, but it seems to be stuck.  Any tips or tricks on getting this thing unglued from the metal dash without ruining it?
Too much junk, too little time.

Online jwc66k

Re: Removing Original '67 Dashpad?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 07:00:44 PM »
If the installation is anything like a 66, you know that yellowish weather strip adhesive on your trunk and doors? It can be removed with a thin, flexible scraper - carefully.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 07:22:10 PM »
Got it.  I ended up using a pry bar very very gently, and it finally came free without damage.
Too much junk, too little time.

priceless

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 12:04:17 PM »
I knew you could get it 8)