Author Topic: 1967 390 GT Dearborn engine inspection markings  (Read 2755 times)

Offline rodster

Re: 1967 390 GT Dearborn engine inspection markings
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 10:52:49 PM »
Best guess would be that it identified with an final inspector or the line the engine was assembled in. We already have the initial of the assembler on the completed engine so not much left

Don't think I remember this, where would I look to find it?
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline Rossco

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2017, 03:01:39 PM »
Now remember there would be markings on the carburator and possibly the distributor Separate from the engine assembly markings ;)

Jeff you mentioned in a previous post regarding the factory markings for a Dearborn 1967 390 GT for carburettors and coils do you have a photo example at all please

Ross

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 06:26:44 PM »
Jeff you mentioned in a previous post regarding the factory markings for a Dearborn 1967 390 GT for carburettors and coils do you have a photo example at all please

Ross

Ignition coils would have the same markings discussed in other threads

Carburetors would have over a dozen stampings and marks all related to their assembly and nothing related to a specific plant since they were installed on the engines at the engine assembly plants.   Same goes for the ignition coil. Most likely your car's coil would have used the AUTOLITE version of the ink stamp

For carbs you have identification of each major components except (don't ever recall seeing) the base plate.

So bowls, main body, plates all got stampings.

Then you have assembler stamps on the completed carb, the fuel bowls and the secondary vacuum pod. Can find the vacuum pods with up to three different ink stampings along with the daub

Normally a color daub on the vacuum pod  not sure if that was a test confirmation or an identification.

For the stamps - have always found them done in black and often a mixture of three different fonts. Makes it fun reproducing the stamps

IF I recall correctly one of the caps for the chokes included a paint identifier also. Need to check since that was mentioned in a TSB article and report back.

Hesitating about posting specific markings since its so easy for these to get slapped on every sort of Holley out there once people see them posted.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 06:02:20 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Rossco

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »
Point taken Jeff

Offline rodster

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 11:12:37 PM »
Best guess would be that it identified with an final inspector or the line the engine was assembled in. We already have the initial of the assembler on the completed engine so not much left

Jeff, maybe you missed this when I originally posted, I think you are saying there is an initial of the assembler somewhere on the engine?
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »
Point taken Jeff

Kind of getting off thread anyway  ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 05:15:34 PM »

Sorry yes forgot   :( Sometimes resposes get put off and then forgotten. My apologies

Hope this helps. Though this is from a different year 67's have been found with the same location. Pattern, like small blocks. Year, Month, Day of month then Assemblers initial

Jeff Speegle

Offline rodster

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 01:41:31 AM »
No apologies needed, I know you get asked lots of questions and I appreciate you taking time to answer them! Usually with photos attached.  ;)

Thanks for that info and photo, don't think I recall knowing that so learned something new!

Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A