Author Topic: 68 seat belt identification !?  (Read 1059 times)

Offline mhubert89

68 seat belt identification !?
« on: November 13, 2017, 08:30:56 PM »
Hi, i have a bunch of seat belt... need to know wich one go where. I know chrome trims its for a deluxe interior ..like the last picture one in upper have a black plastic , only one like this ..thanks
Math
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:33:12 PM by mhubert89 »
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed
Built in Dearborn on April 16th

Offline ruppstang

Re: 68 seat belt identification !?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 09:35:04 AM »
It looks like you have two or more cars belts. The ones with the clear sleeves go to the back seat. The male ends with the black sleeves are the shoulder belt and attach on roof structure. The 4 females with out sleeves are the front seat belts and anchor to the tunnel. I do not see the two front seat retractors that attach to the rockers.
A assembly manual would be very helpful in figuring out this kind of thing. Also the attachment hardware.
Marty   

Offline mhubert89

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »
It looks like you have two or more cars belts. The ones with the clear sleeves go to the back seat. The male ends with the black sleeves are the shoulder belt and attach on roof structure. The 4 females with out sleeves are the front seat belts and anchor to the tunnel. I do not see the two front seat retractors that attach to the rockers.
A assembly manual would be very helpful in figuring out this kind of thing. Also the attachment hardware.
Marty

Yes more than 1 car ...i have seat retractor just dosent post because i know where they go . Thanks for your help !
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed
Built in Dearborn on April 16th

Offline stangerdude

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 04:48:42 PM »
The chrome trim does not specifically mean deluxe interior. If the car was ordered with the deluxe seat belt option with standard interior, the belts will have the chrome trim rings as well as a seat belt warning light in the dash cluster. Yes, all deluxe interior cars had the chrome trim rings. If the original poster has the assembly manuals, that would show how and where they are mounted.   Hope this helps!   Paul
68 GT Fastback San Jose built

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »
No, not All deluxe interior cars had the chrome trim rings. The chrome surrounds were specific to cars with deluxe seat belt option regardless of other interior options. I have a 68 here at the shop right now with Deluxe Interior and No Chrome surrounds. 
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline stangerdude

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 05:09:14 PM »
I stand corrected! I just assumed since every 68 deluxe interior I have worked on over the years had the chrome trim rings even without the warning light included in the group.   Paul
68 GT Fastback San Jose built

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 04:21:27 PM »
I stand corrected! I just assumed since every 68 deluxe interior I have worked on over the years had the chrome trim rings even without the warning light included in the group.   Paul
In 1968 the BELTS light was just a small lens hidden in the instrument cluster (unless the car was optioned with the safety convenience light panel). It was not a noticeable chrome bezeled lens / light at dash bottom like on earlier or even later cars. It would be very easy to overlook, especially if the relay wasn't working, or burnt fuse, and the light never came on. The BELTS lens in the cluster was on every car built but it was only wired to work on cars with deluxe seat belt option.
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs