1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

Re: Heater Control Valve Repair?

(1/3) > >>

BKnapp:
I am in the process of cleaning my valve up. The bottom surface that mounts to the bracket has an opening with a recess around it (the repop I have has a closed bottom). Am I correct in assuming there should be a washer/gasket between the base of the valve and the bracket? If so, what material? If there was one there, it isn’t now.

Thanks

BKnapp:
Thanks again, Bob! I always appreciate the help!!

First, I apologize for posting in the wrong year...have been reading too many threads and lost track of where I was. My application is a 1967, so this can be moved or deleted as the higher powers see fit.

This is what I am referring to

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: BKnapp on November 15, 2017, 08:58:17 AM ---Thanks again, Bob! I always appreciate the help!!

First, I apologize for posting in the wrong year...have been reading too many threads and lost track of where I was. My application is a 1967, so this can be moved or deleted as the higher powers see fit.

This is what I am referring to

--- End quote ---
For 67/68 the bottom of the valve gets a rubber"O" ring. It is easily Hardware store sourced.

67gta289:
Make sure that the valve physically moves when vacuum is applied and then again when it is removed.  If the valve does not move, and if you can't get it to move, then you will need to look for a replacement.

BKnapp:
Thanks guys...and thanks for correcting my error Bob.

I am pretty sure it opens and closes properly, but will test when done cleaning. I am glad I asked and will take a closer look at it..I just took it apart last night. In my hands it was hard to tell what was sealing it, other than a bead of crud. In the picture it almost looks like cork. I didn’t want to get too aggressive until I have more info. I will clean it up and pick up an O ring.

I picked this up from WCCC...coincidently it was stamped 11-66, which coincides nicely with my December built engine and other date stamps I am finding.

I always appreciate the help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version