1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

SJ End cap nuts

(1/4) > >>

Armond:
I have a 66 shelby I am getting close to paint. Hertz car. Built may 66.   When I got the car it was apart.   The AMK kit nut/stud kit I received look to be 67's.   Does anyone know what correct nuts AMK might have in the bulk kits?  I'd rather have correct originals if some one has 6 correct nuts they will sell me and what was the correct plating on them? Thanks for any help!

jwc66k:
Some pictures would help.
Jim

J_Speegle:
First thanks for being specific with the needed info as far as here and when. Much easier providing good solid info to help out

Sorry can't provide suggestions for AMK kits. Rarely if ever purchased them. But can at least offer style and finish pictures

Pictures are from the time period you identified. Location of wire loom retainer and if it was on the car before or after paint differs depending on what part of the assembly year the car was built

On driver side this is the arrangement

On passenger side this is the arrangement

Missing the empty hole dum dum

Both side stud ends are partially painted as well as at least one retaining nut So it looks like you only need 5 nutted washers

Hope this helps

Armond:
Thanks Jeff!   I knew you would know what I was referring to with out posting a picture.   I did a bunch of digging last night in a few buckets of bolts and nuts I have,  I found eight of nuts that you show in the last picture posted, the small washer style. I found one of the large washer style.  So it looks like the large washer style is what I am looking for.  So thanks for posting the picture.  I'll take a picture of the one I have and hopefully someone will have some I can purchase!   Thanks!

CharlesTurner:
I don't believe AMK sells the correct 65-66 ones.  I usually get originals re-plated or find ones good enough to re-use.  They have the same style sealer on the back of them, so it squeezes out on install like Jeff's pics show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version