1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

Adding AC to a 65

(1/3) > >>

66RavenGTCoupeAgain:
Hi guys,
related question so I'll try my luck and post it here and just wait and see if Jeff moves it or not  ;)

I've added an original ac unit to a not so concourse 65. Still want it to look correct though so I have a few questions.
1) Is the aftermarket concours correct shroud a good copy?
2) What size fan spacer should I be using and does the amount of radiator cores make a difference to this size?
3) Where can I get these damn grommets for the AC hoses pictured below!
Thanks in advance,
Dan.

CharlesTurner:
The grommets are the same ones used on the radiator support.

196667Bob:
Attached is from the 1965 Ford Parts and Accessories Catalog. It doesn't qualify anything based on Radiators, but don't know for sure.

Hope this helps with part of your questions.

Bob

CharlesTurner:
A 65-66 with A/C would have had a fan with clutch setup, not a fixed blade fan.

carlite65:

--- Quote from: 66RavenGTCoupeAgain on December 12, 2017, 03:02:18 AM ---Hi guys,
related question so I'll try my luck and post it here and just wait and see if Jeff moves it or not  ;)

I've added an original ac unit to a not so concourse 65. Still want it to look correct though so I have a few questions.
1) Is the aftermarket concours correct shroud a good copy?
2) What size fan spacer should I be using and does the amount of radiator cores make a difference to this size?
3) Where can I get these damn grommets for the AC hoses pictured below!
Thanks in advance,
Dan.

--- End quote ---
2. if you are doing this the factory way  no spacer is used. you will use a clutch fan which has the spacer made into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version