Author Topic: 69 Mach 1 Stripe Kit  (Read 934 times)

Offline Shep69

69 Mach 1 Stripe Kit
« on: January 05, 2018, 12:45:13 AM »
Who sells a good stripe kit . Im only asking as I purchased a kit from Mustang Market and im not happy with it. Not only did they send me two right hand door pieces instead of a left and right but they are to short to go around the edges of the panels like they did from the factory. They have just cut the ends of the segments to suit the contour of the panel.
I have also been told by other graphics companies that unless MM use the same roll to fix my door issue im pretty much screwed as they won't match.
Thanks Mark.

Offline Daven

• 1969 Mustang Mach I. 9R02R107xxx
Re: 69 Mach 1 Stripe Kit
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 02:08:51 PM »
From what I have been reading through the library, Marti Auto has the best stripe kits. Is this accurate?  I also found a chart in the 69/70 library on car colors vs stripe colors.  I noticed it listed a number six which wasn't listed on the chart as an option,  was this a typo?  Any information would be great on this.

Daven

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 05:31:21 PM »
...............I also found a chart in the 69/70 library on car colors vs stripe colors.  I noticed it listed a number six which wasn't listed on the chart as an option,  was this a typo?  Any information would be great on this.

Since we don't have a 69-70 Library (years are broken down by individual year for all but Shelby's currently) might you be thinking of a thread or post.  Exterior color vs strip colors charts were typically something provided to the sale persons as a guide but since so many cars were built to order they were only a guide and a buyer could choose any color combination they wanted without much fuss or need for additional (special order sort of thing) paperwork.  Stripe availability can change during the production years and to start out (if I recall correctly) 3M had some issues with delivering the reflective tape material and in turn the stripes

If you can find and post a link to the post with the chart that might help the discussion ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Vcode

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 06:22:48 PM »
There are several posts on the CJ forum on the stripes.
Here's one with the chart for 69.

https://www.428cobrajet.org/forum/index.php?topic=22822.msg153134#msg153134

Offline 7Lscjracer

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 07:43:10 PM »
From what I have been reading through the library, Marti Auto has the best stripe kits. Is this accurate? 
 Daven

http://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?item=C9ZZ-6320000-E&selecteditem=yes

Only one kit color combo is presently available.
I heard somewhere to read "temporarily out of stock" as permanently due to issues with manufacturing quality.
Talk to somebody on the phone there and get a straight answer though, my info is by no means current so hopefully things have changed.
69 Mach 1 San Jose Nov. 68 build
Bought May '81, sold Sept '20

Offline Daven

• 1969 Mustang Mach I. 9R02R107xxx
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 11:40:08 PM »
The stripe kit chart was on page 30 of the files for 69/70 1st generation.  The file name was Mach1 stripes.  It was started by Brian Conway on April 29th, 2015.  Hope this helps.  I'm assuming the number 6 should be an 8 on the chart.

Thank you,

Daven