Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

Carpet trim under console

(1/2) > >>

pellets4fuel:
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=15240.0
Please check out this topic in the 67 mustang section.  Wondering if Cougars would be the same?  Don R @ WCCC says no, carpet just gets cut with a small enough hole to fit in the lower rib on the shift boot.
Thanks
David

Mike_B_SVT:
My '70 (Dearborn, Oct '69 build, 4-speed, no console) has the carpet cut out just about the same size as the shifter hole in the floor.  The chrome trim ring covers up the ragged edges of the original carpet... mostly.

J_Speegle:
Sorry I checked my pictures and had nothing from 67 or 68 with a manual transmission, console and with the console removed but carpet still in

ruppstang:
Dumb question are there no assembly manuals for the Cougar that would show this?

pellets4fuel:
Well, I don't actually have an interior assembly manual, but there are some printed pages in my big blue mustang/couger mercury intermediate book (or whatever you call it) that show interior assembly for the ford products, and the console install procedure is in there, and shows a console, but 'nada' on showing or describing anything of a plate under the console for a cougar, or a mustang for that mater.
Thought about buying the interior manual, but after reading the posts by the fella who started this question off in the mustang section, sounds like it may not help. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version