Author Topic: Exhaust system  (Read 3127 times)

Offline qman

Exhaust system
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:25:08 PM »
Does anyone make a complete aluminized exhaust system, including hangers, that would be appropriate for a concours driven class restoration on a 67 gt hipo mustang?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Exhaust system
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 08:44:08 PM »
Does anyone make a complete aluminized exhaust system, including hangers, that would be appropriate for a concours driven class restoration on a 67 gt hipo mustang?

"Appropriate" is an interesting term ;)

There are a couple of vendors that carry aluminized systems (one being Branda)for unber $300
Believe that you could count on loosing a few points on the system but its likely the only out of the box, alumunized system available,

Too bad they are still using the "MCA approved" language  :(
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 05:48:05 PM »
I have the Motive Industries system on my 'LATE '65 GT, as it was recommended for the best quality and fit, but acording to my restorer IT had to be tweeked some during the installation, it seems to fit nicely and look very correct for a reproduction system, I would think they would have a system for your '67 as well.
I got mine through Laurel Mountain Mustang on Ebay as they had the best price at the time...

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 10:36:51 PM »
I believe Scott Fuller exhaust system is all aluminized. He does have all steel for those that want to deal with the maintenance. He has the H pipe for big block now . I am not sure about the small block. Scott has the correct looking intermediate pipes. He doses not have a transverse muffler reproduced yet. I am hopeful for the future. Scott has the tail pipes aluminized like OEM as well. It is much more expensive then the under 500.00 offerings but it is superior fit and appearance.  I have seen some people find the unique intermediate pipe resonators from a used system and then weld them into the low price repro system for a ore correct look. The resonators and tail pipes were aluminized originally and survive well if you can find the 67/68 double hump style. I get the impression you are looking for the low price alternative for a street driven car but I just wanted to mention some alternatives to you or someone else that my read this thread. Bob 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby