Author Topic: Need help with Randy from Stangerssite  (Read 5624 times)

Offline T Lea

• Global Moderator
Need help with Randy from Stangerssite
« on: January 04, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »
Let me say first of all this is not a bash or complaint. I have used Randy for many years and i think he does incredible work, is fair with pricing and a real nice person. He has always been difficult to reach but this time my fear is it may be something bigger. See last comment in this thread,
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=2088.0
He has my suspension parts and they are all but irreplaceable as they are from my own car. Needless to say I have called, emailed and left messages many times. My hope is first that he is OK, after all these are just car parts. If anyone has a means of contacting him or finding info I would really appreciate it.
Tim

Offline C5ZZ

Re: Need help with Randy from Stangerssite
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
I have used Randy as well, like you said he does great work
at reasonable prices.

Last year I sent him my ps pump for rebuild, he had it for
about four months before I got it back and when it takes
that long you certainly do get nervous wondering what's going on.

If you could find someone that lives in the area maybe they
could stop by and see what's going on?
MCA # 00945

65 Fastback, 6 cyl, AT, AC, PS, PB
Rangoon Red/Red Interior

Offline BuckeyeDemon

• Photobucket Pictures
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
FWIW, i sent an email to stangersite over the christmas holidays and received a response in less than 3 days.  so somebody does exist.

VIN: 9F02M178303
Build Date: March 31, 1969
1969 Mach 1, Candyapple Red, 351W 4V

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
I, too, sent him a several emails around Christmas and received immediate responses.  Since then, I've talked to him twice on the phone.  I ordered some small parts from him and was starting to get nervous, as it took a few weeks to get them.  I'm still waiting on some other small parts.  Like someone else said, he is still alive.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline pnsy56shop

• Silver Level Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 07:58:15 PM »
I too sent him many parts P/S pump, steering box, control valve and power cylinder in March of 2010. I just got through to Randy 1/13/11 4:45 central time. He said that he is backed up but was getting work done, working late and weekends. He comes highly recommended and worth the wait. But your right I does take a while for them to get back to you.
1968 GT/CS S Code built March San Jose
C6 Automatic, Wimbledon White, Deluxe Ivy Gold interior
It's better to learn from other people's mistakes not your own

Offline Sunlitgold68

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
I think that Randy has so much work from referrals and repeat customers that he has trouble getting back to everyone in a timely manner which we are all accustomed to. He has a really nice niche and although it is a great position to be in, it can cause this type of delay for all of us. I sometimes wonder how he can keep everything straight but he does.

He took 4 months to do my steering system back in 2009.

8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline T Lea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 11:43:19 PM »
Nice work or not people still need to communicate. I run a business and get very backed up at times. If I don't communicate people go elsewhere.

Offline Sunlitgold68

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 08:32:02 AM »
I agree Tim, a response within 24 hours would be nice. Randy answered my emails within 5 minutes when I was asking about his services.... at one point I just hoped to see my original parts again....
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline scodemike

• Mustangs by Mike
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 03:42:35 PM »
First I agree with everyone that Randy is a first class restorer that I have used for many of my cars.  I wouldn't think of going elsewhere for steering restoration.  With that said, I sent my original steering to him in Oct, 2010 and haven't heard anything from him.

I am now getting ready to pick up my car from paint and really need my steering components back.  I have sent several emails and called on 3 different occasions and have not received a response.  Anyone live near him or have had luck getting ahold of him recently?

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 08:05:18 PM »
I finally got a hold of him about 2 weeks ago. He sent my parts out last Friday so they should be here tomorrow. I ended up calling his shop every day at the same time until he called back. I think it took about 8 days
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline scodemike

• Mustangs by Mike
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
Hi Tim,  Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try and see if it works.  Mike

Offline scodemike

• Mustangs by Mike
Re: Need help with Randy from Stangerssite-UPDATE!!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 08:56:12 PM »
I heard from Randy today, great news.  :) He is doing well and is extremely busy.  He said that he knows that he doesn't take care of emails and phone calls like he should, but either he is very tired by the end of the day or it is too late to call.

He said if he stopped to answer the phone during the day he wouldn't get much work done.  Anyway, he is going to work on my components over the week end and mid next week get them shipped out.

Tim, your suggestion worked after only 3 early morning phone calls.  Mike