Author Topic: 1970 White Shelby GT-500 Drag-Pac automatic, 104 total dragpack cars  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Keithc8

I purchsed this 41,000 mostly all original Shelby GT-500 drag pac car with the intent of restoring it. I have had several things come up in the last month since I got the car like a shoulder operation and a new XNC machine to learn that had put a dent on the time and budget right now. If I do not sell will just put it back for a year or so. I purchased the car from the second owner that has had the car for about 32 years. He lives in CA and that is where the car spent most of its life. He purchased out of FL from the original owner. Thye car was undercoated at the dealer to help with the salt weather down in FL. The car is complete with all original metal and fiber glass. This is an original drive line car with all number matching and the drive line has never been out of the car. Has exhaust manifolds, heat shiloed, s tube, original engine mounts and bolts on both thengine and trans with correct cables and all.
This car was painted about 25 years ago and was painted at about that times level. The car has some very good trim on the car that only needs polishing and a few other parts might need a little chrome. Has the fog lights and other correct lights and wiring on the car. I know that it is missing the radiator fan blade and has broke fan scroud. The fuel pump is wrong and it does not have the smog system on the car, Has the Snake valve covers which you see on most super cobr jet cars, correct carburetor, intake and all as well as distributor. The car is very solid underneath with no frame or torque box needs. Has the correct spare, jack and air canister plus the correct Shelby antenna.
Tha car has a lot of parts and is a running and driving car right nnow. This would make a great car to drive and work on some thing as you get to them and then go into the full restoration mode. The car is 75,000.00 and if it does not seell we will take it to the concours level to show later in the year. You can call me at 870-246-7460. Thanks, Keith Craft