Author Topic: ball joint rivets  (Read 3273 times)

Offline T Lea

• Global Moderator
ball joint rivets
« on: February 08, 2011, 02:34:18 PM »
I just wanted to give a recommendation for a vendor. I just got my control arms back from Jeff James at Tri City Mustang Restoration. He did the ball joint rivets, pressed in the bushings in the lowers and dipped them in the black paint. Results were excellent, turn around time was fast and price was more than reasonable. Plus Jeff is a heck of a nice guy and does everything in house. He can take them at any point from complete overhaul to putting together your restored components like he did with mine.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: ball joint rivets
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:08:53 PM »
I just wanted to give a recommendation for a vendor. I just got my control arms back from Jeff James at Tri City Mustang Restoration. He did the ball joint rivets, pressed in the bushings in the lowers and dipped them in the black paint. Results were excellent, turn around time was fast and price was more than reasonable. Plus Jeff is a heck of a nice guy and does everything in house. He can take them at any point from complete overhaul to putting together your restored components like he did with mine.
Wow. I am glad to hear that he is doing them I also think Jeff is a good guy. I am very pleasently surprised that he is up to the challange.Bob   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline cobra427

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 09:58:17 AM »
Tim,

Could you give us an idea on the price for just pressing in the rivits for the balljoints?

Thanks
Gary
Currently working on a 68 GT500 #00563  Build date 13 Feb 68 NJ car.

Gary Ross

Offline thefordshow

• fordcountry@bell.net
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 04:59:27 AM »
Thought I would share some results of a set of arms that I'm in the middle of doing. I had the arms chemically stripped, then had them done in a process called electroless nickel. I riveted the new ball joints in with the help of a friend that has a 50t press. Still need to finish them up, but I'm happy with the results so far. The electroless nickel should give me the protection against the elements.   Chris
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:04:41 PM by thefordshow »

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
Tim,

Could you give us an idea on the price for just pressing in the rivits for the balljoints?

Thanks
Gary
Gary, I would contact jeff directly and ask. I can almost assure you it will be better than other current prices out there
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America