Author Topic: Front spring colors  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Oz390

Front spring colors
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:37:29 PM »
68 S code, convertible, C6, PS, Dec 14th San Jose, gold/pink or gold/violet, or?
68 S code coupe, 4sp, PS, PB, GT Dec 20th San Jose, gold/pink, pink/violet, or??

Have a few references and a bit of conflicting info...

Believe they should be slapped on pretty fast, top to bottom with a 1" brush pretty well loaded with paint and that colors are left/right and as such would be reveresed (eg the "front" color would be different) with colors facing out when installed?

Semi-realted note, have seen reference that Marti will be doing '68 build sheets.  Are these available, any one have one and comments?
8R03S : 76A I 2A 15M 72 5 U
8R01S : 65A B 2A 28M 72 7 5 - Factory GT
8R01C : 65A M 2A 01E 72 2 W - Cal Special
8F01X : 65A I 2A 2G 20E 24 1 U - EXP500 repli-bute

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Front spring colors
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:16:44 PM »
Believe they should be slapped on pretty fast, top to bottom with a 1" brush pretty well loaded with paint and that colors are left/right and as such would be reveresed (eg the "front" color would be different) with colors facing out when installed?

Not what i've seen Also seen them marked from top to bottom SITTING OUT SIDE of the car as the spring would be placed with the flat (what would become the top) down on a surface. In this way the brush marks would seem to go upwards once the spring was installed

Seen them thinner than 1" (they measure much closer to 1/2" in my experiences

Colors normally faced out but not many directly on the outside edge/surface = clocked between 4 and 8 o'clock normally
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:34:46 AM »
68 S code, convertible, C6, PS, Dec 14th San Jose, gold/pink or gold/violet, or?
68 S code coupe, 4sp, PS, PB, GT Dec 20th San Jose, gold/pink, pink/violet, or??

Have a few references and a bit of conflicting info...

Semi-realted note, have seen reference that Marti will be doing '68 build sheets.  Are these available, any one have one and comments?
Not yet and will not be for a while the last time I talked to Kevin . Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Oz390

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »
Ok, 1/2" brush done upside down.

So what about which colors would be correct for the two cars and which goes left/right when upright (if that was even consistent?)...???
8R03S : 76A I 2A 15M 72 5 U
8R01S : 65A B 2A 28M 72 7 5 - Factory GT
8R01C : 65A M 2A 01E 72 2 W - Cal Special
8F01X : 65A I 2A 2G 20E 24 1 U - EXP500 repli-bute

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 04:25:57 PM »
Ok, 1/2" brush done upside down.

So what about which colors would be correct for the two cars and which goes left/right when upright (if that was even consistent?)...???

Double checked 68 buildsheets and compared them to spring markings that the colors are in order (as on the buildsheet) when the springs were inverted (when stripes were applied) So they are reversed  (to the eye) once the spring is installed
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »
On non ac cars my vote would be gold pink
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America