Author Topic: '64.5-'67 HIPO Forum on Concours site  (Read 5048 times)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
'64.5-'67 HIPO Forum on Concours site
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:28:10 AM »

Charles & Jeff, Could you please try adding this right under the '64-'66 Forum?  You have a special forum for the Bosses and the standard cars from the same years, you recently added plant info forums, I think it only fitting to have a Hipo specific forum here as well. Please consider it. Thanks! -Rick

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: '64.5-'67 HIPO Forum on Concours site
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:11:34 PM »
Rick:  Know where you are coming from with this, but it's kind of like MCA offering show classes for just a couple folks.  If there was enough interest, Jeff and I could discuss trying out another sub-forum.  With all the new sub-forums for assembly plant and documentation, we might be getting close to having too many.  So, hope you will understand if we try to keep things as simple as possible.  As mentioned previously, though, between the normal 64.5-66 and 67-68 section, the SAAC forums and now the re-launched hpmx forum, think there are many ways to gather information.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:00:46 PM »
Thanks Charles! I've never been to any of the Shelby forums-didn't think I would be welcome there with "just" a '65 K GT Convertible...........always have felt that "most" but certainly not all of the Shelby folks were in a league all their own and didn't welcome "outsiders"     Do you have a link to one or 2 that might be receptive to a "plain" Hipo guy??

Offline cobraboy

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »
I cant see the problem. What makes you think that the Shelby guys wont talk to you ? They are just a bunch of guys who like cars same as anyone else.
I have had lots of positive contact with these guys on other sites, I cant imagine them being stuck up at all, or un receptive to a K code visitor on their site.
After all Shelbys are just K codes in a different frock.  ;D  ;D
13th April 1965 Dearborn K GT on the other side of the pond.

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
Thanks Mark for the vote of confidence! -guess I've always felt that way though.
Did you re-register on the Hipo site?-like I said I haven't yet.
Hows the car coming over there?
What are some of the Shelby sites I should look at?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 05:22:36 PM »
Same here, never had any problems with anyone on the SAAC forums, good bunch of guys/gals just like here.  I am a SAAC member though, even though I don't own a Shelby.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline cobraboy

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »
Hey Rick
My car is gradualy creeping toward what Charles would call an also ran  ;D
  Thats the British sense of humour again ........
Seriously I have bought parts off, and joshed around with Shelby guys on here, HPMX, and guys at home with Shelbys and I cant recommend a site to dive in on.
All I can say is get in there and have some fun !!!!!!!!!
PS Yes I re registered, but I did send an email to the admin dept saying that although I realised that the admin team were not paid employee's and their work on the site was voluntary, I felt that the membership should have been kept better informed of the situation.
So with that of my chest I am glad to be back...... and you should be too ! So join up.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:59:53 PM by cobraboy »
13th April 1965 Dearborn K GT on the other side of the pond.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »
What are some of the Shelby sites I should look at?

Basically the only one with allot of traffic and the usual suspects ;)

http://saacforum.com/index.php#3
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »
What makes you think that the Shelby guys wont talk to you ?
They'll talk to you if only to see if they can "con" you out of your - rear axle, engine block, carburetor (Hertz only), fuel pump, disc brakes and a few other date coded items.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 09:42:15 PM »
They'll talk to you if only to see if they can "con" you out of your - rear axle, engine block, carburetor (Hertz only), fuel pump, disc brakes and a few other date coded items.
Jim

Jim, Should there be an "LOL" after your statement?

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 12:08:19 AM »
The Shelby guys are usually a quiet bunch except when certain parts are mentioned. Another characteristic is their eyes glaze over when you mention going to Thunder Hill or Laguna Seca. Just an observation, although there's nothing wrong with that.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 02:56:08 AM »
The Shelby guys are usually a quiet bunch except when certain parts are mentioned. Another characteristic is their eyes glaze over when you mention going to Thunder Hill or Laguna Seca. Just an observation, although there's nothing wrong with that.
Jim
I think you are making some unnecessary generalizations that are not based in facts. Of course this is just my opinion.  I know myself if I don't have something constructive and positive to contribute I don't post regardless what site I am on. There are a number of Shelby enthusiasts that frequent this site as well as the SAAC site and try and help if possible.  As far as eyes glazing over on the SAAC site it is as much if not more enthusiasts wanting to drive or open track there car then concours show it. The concours enthusiasts are a minority there I think. Just take a pole with the  NOR CAL SAAC members since you mentioned Thunder Hill or Laguna Seca on weather there eyes glaze over when talking track talk or if they glaze over when a discussion of bolt markings comes up ;). I think NOR CAL donated  a huge chunk of money to help subsidize thunder Hill when it was first built. My point is the vast majority are just car guys just like you. If you give them a chance you will be rewarded with people of like interest just as you would want them to give you a chance. I think all of the sites get a few from time to time that just like to stir the pot. We have seen that here. Just like if someone comes here with a attitude or posts a lot of negativity we don't respond well the same can be said if someone like that posts on the SAAC site . If someone posts with the same common courtesy we expect here you will be greeted with the same if you post over on the SAAC site. Speaking for myself I am a better person for interacting on both sites. From the information gained and friends I make I would be short changed if I only frequented just one or the other. Just some of my opinions.Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 11:55:07 AM »
Be advised that a bit of humnor is included in my "observations".
Jim

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »
Be advised that a bit of humnor is included in my "observations".
Jim
Glad to read that. The written word can be tricky . It wouldn't hurt to add a LOL or a emotion icon so others don't get the wrong idea on a sensitive subject  ;D . Speaking for myself I am easily confused in that regard. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
 ;)
Jim