Author Topic: Firewall sound deadener  (Read 3139 times)

Offline 390Pony

• It's all Good
Firewall sound deadener
« on: May 08, 2012, 12:09:12 AM »
Seem to remember that application of the firewall sound deadener (planning to use Schutz) is applied after everything is in place through the firewall then left as is, not painted over with more engine bay black ? Anyone have a picture of how large an area to cover beyond hitting around all the pass through areas thoroughly? Thanks a bunch.

Offline 390Pony

• It's all Good
Re: Firewall sound deadener
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 12:10:25 AM »
Forgot to mention....67 S code Dearborn built.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 04:04:46 AM »
Seem to remember that application of the firewall sound deadener (planning to use Schutz) is applied after everything is in place through the firewall then left as is, not painted over with more engine bay black ? Anyone have a picture of how large an area to cover beyond hitting around all the pass through areas thoroughly? Thanks a bunch.
Not painted over with more engine bay black. Not every application is the same as various conditions employees ,plants etc. changed the out come but the assembly manual gives a basic idea of area.  As you said everything that comes out of the firewall gets some. Better to have a little too much then not enough IMO .Since Jeff must be traveling I will post a few of his pictures I copied from him(first ones I came across in my files but a typical example.) Remember others may vary. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:07:43 AM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 04:07:02 AM »
Not painted over with more engine bay black. Not every application is the same as various conditions employees ,plants etc. changed the out come but the assembly manual gives a basic idea of area.  As you said everything that comes out of the firewall gets some. Better to have a little too much then not enough IMO .Since Jeff must be traveling I will post a few of his pictures I copied from him(first ones I came across in my files but a typical example.) Remember others may vary.
Here are a couple  more.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 390Pony

• It's all Good
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »
Bob...as they say a picture is worth a thousand words....these will help a ton...thanks for the help

Vince

Offline rodster

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 01:25:41 AM »
Forgot to mention....67 S code Dearborn built.

2 more examples...

These are from a 67 S code Dearborn car.

1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A