Author Topic: 69 shelby fender /headlamp bucket retainers  (Read 1767 times)

Offline mach1one

69 shelby fender /headlamp bucket retainers
« on: January 24, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
I'm in the process of mating up my headlamp bucketsto the fenders. Now are the 3 nut retainers installed before the fenders are mated to the headlamp buckets. these are the 3 retainers that the hood lockbrackets bolts go to. It appears to me that if the middle retainer is not installed prior to bolting the fender and bucket together there is no way to install the retainer without removing the bucket again(the opening here is way to small for that.  If the retainers are installed prior to bolting the fender and headlamp together the retainers would be painted gray during that paint process. Am I to assume the retainers were painted gray? Thanks

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 69 shelby fender /headlamp bucket retainers
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 05:04:11 PM »
All the clips where installed on the headlight buckets before painting. The clips installed on the buckets for the hood lock brackets are painted the gray (Technicolor body color first ) when that part of the process was done. The hood lock brackets are black. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby