1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 San Jose -reassembling the rear valance

(1/6) > >>

roddster:
Just reassembling my 67 GT 350's rear valence.  October 66 San Jose build.
  The two brackets that bolt up under the valence.  These support the bumper gaurds.  Are these natural with some body color overspray, or something else?
  I remember that Jeff said the valence is hung with two screws before is goes through the paint booth.  So thouse two screws are now white (orig.color) Just wanted to know about the brackets

CharlesTurner:
Those brackets were typically black, installed on the car before the valence went on.

TLea:
Also those brackets should be in before paint so bolt heads in trunk have body color on them

J_Speegle:
++1 :)

The retaining screws are typically the third one in from each end

67gta289:
Since the brackets were installed before paint, I have a few more questions.

There are two bolts from the trunk side for each bracket.  My observations are:

1. The bolt that faces the rear of the car is installed, and is covered with paint.

2. The bolt that faces straight down appears to be unpainted, so was this installed after paint?  Is that accurate, and if so, what would the finish be -P&O or other?

3. Since the bracket was installed prior to paint, it would make sense that the part of the bracket that can be seen through the trunk, where the gas tank is not yet installed, would get overspray with color.  The amount of course would vary depending on the person doing the painting.  Has this been witnessed?

Thanks, John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version