Author Topic: very early 67 S code for sale  (Read 6706 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Re: very early 67 S code for sale
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 11:05:06 AM »
It states that three optional exterior mirrors were available from FORD "Dealers" in 1967. I'm assuming that it wasn't a Factory option.
And for 1968 the book states on page 117 "Other exterior options" include LH remote mirror, it doesn't say anything about a RH mirror as a Factory option.

Maybe it was just a dealer-added option.  I wouldn't want the responsibility of cutting a clean hole in the aluminum trim on the door panel!
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline 69RavenConv

• Owner since '74
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 11:21:06 PM »
Here are a few. wrong horn for a AC, wrong radiator cap. wrong  shocks, latter hood, 2 hood grounds, AC fill valve caps wrong, air cleaner nut wrong, grill reproduction and wrong color, wrong coil, hood latch finish and most decals wrong. Others can add to this

Thanks, I wouldn't have caught the horn. I only noticed the coil and hood latch after you mentioned them. Most of us can spot the incorrect radio, decals, wing nut, etc, but it's great to see the more subtle things highlighted - they stick in your memory after they've been called out. Good stuff.
Phil
'69 Convertible - Dearborn June 4, 1969 - Raven Black & Red - 302-2V

priceless

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 08:01:28 AM »
Maybe it was just a dealer-added option.  I wouldn't want the responsibility of cutting a clean hole in the aluminum trim on the door panel!
Lol, I know what you mean!!

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 11:33:07 AM »
Thanks, I wouldn't have caught the horn. I only noticed the coil and hood latch after you mentioned them. Most of us can spot the incorrect radio, decals, wing nut, etc, but it's great to see the more subtle things highlighted - they stick in your memory after they've been called out. Good stuff.
Phil here are a few more.
Wipers arms set too high, backup light housing black not grey?, hood hinge finish black not phosphate, no red sealant on starter solenoid rivet, black paint on cowl above pinch weld, speakers in kick panels, no Ford labels in sill plates, zip ties holding the brake and fuel lines together, missing seat bolt access plugs, grease zert in lower ball joint and a aftermarket PS pressure hose with the incorrect cover.
Marty