Author Topic: 1965 to 1973 Idler Arms  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
1965 to 1973 Idler Arms
« on: November 26, 2022, 12:12:39 AM »
Its been a while....but wanted to jump back into this.  As part of the suspension guide I have been writing wanted to add a section on identifying original idler arms. 
Probably the biggest question with idler arms I have seen is if all original assembly line pieces had the engineering numbers on them or not.  I have seen some later service pieces did not have any engineering numbers and also seems possible some originals did not either.  Wanted to hear and see what others have.

Also curious if anyone has seen or has a version of a 65/66 power steering idler arm that has engineering numbers on it.  I dont have any here and havent seen any with them. 

Click on Link:
https://xnm126.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Idler-Arms.pdf

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 01:43:34 PM by Anghelrestorations »
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline Maksim27

Re: 1965 to 1973 Idler Arms
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 02:46:13 AM »
Here's what I have for the 6 cyl

I'm trying to find a correct washer for the bracket but don't know the correct No. It's the washer pictured in your gallery that has a inner lock so the washer doesn't spin and stay in place.

In my last picture I have one for a P/S steering Idler arm but the washer seems to be of bigger inner size.  Not sure if the manual idler washer was smaller inner size.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 02:53:30 AM by Maksim27 »