Author Topic: Lucky, Lucky day...  (Read 1539 times)

Offline bluestang65

Lucky, Lucky day...
« on: May 14, 2010, 09:32:18 AM »
Ever have one of those days when you find exactly the part you are looking for?  I've been searching for a snorkel for my 1965 GT Vert's air cleaner for weeks.  The last setup went for over 150, so I was thinking it might break the bank when it arrived for bids.
The other day, I found a cleaner marked 'air cleaner for 289' and that was about it.  When I clicked on the auction, it had the cutout for the 65 convertible, but I couldn't confirm it until the seller sent me a bunch of pictures of the snorkel.  It was the real deal.  We worked out a deal and let's just say I got it for a song...
When it came in UPS yesterday, it was not only exactly what I was looking for, it is even date code correct for my car.  I was so happy, but as expected, my wife just didn't understand.  It's just a hunk of metal that I had to promptly remove from the kitchen table.

Offline Sunlitgold68

Re: Lucky, Lucky day...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »
Good story, my lucky day was when I found a C8ZE H1 radiator on craigslist in Kansas City with an April 68 date code. Didn't know that until it arrived.  :)
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline bluestang65

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
Kansas City is a long way from NC...that's where I'm from.

Offline Sunlitgold68

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »
I search far and wide  :) You can search by state, just happened to get lucky like you.
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC