Author Topic: Hose clamp schooling  (Read 1707 times)

Offline CanadianFoxMustang

Hose clamp schooling
« on: August 15, 2016, 09:46:20 AM »
Ford seemed to have used different variations from year to year... as it seems. Mine is a 1987 (but previous owner put on home depot worm gear clamps everywhere except the heater hoses going to the heater core still had the tower clamps).

- I "think" in 87 it had black worm gear clamps for the water pump bypass hoses (can you use the black stainless Tridon clamps? Or is it just 304 stainless?)

- Pretty sure the heater hoses at the back of the engine used tower clamps (stainless).

- Not 100% sure, Ford either used the spring type or wire type clamps for the rad hoses. I suspect mine came stock with the wire clamp style in 87.

- The small lines going to the EGR spacer have stainless worm gear clamps?

While on the subject (sorry), I also think the air pump hoses had tower clamps (stainless?)?

Offline CanadianFoxMustang

Re: Hose clamp schooling
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 09:21:08 AM »
I did some digging. Found an 87 upper hose. Turns out, two wire clamps held in place with small staples. I took pics, someone put a spring type clamp but it obviously had wire clamps from factory.

I hope this helps...

Offline MattDoscher

Re: Hose clamp schooling
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
I have a '91 Grand Marquis and ran across several worm gear hose clamps w/ the FORD script engraved in the top of the worm gear identifying it as an original Ford clamp.  My findings were mainly on the heater hoses and small EGR spacer hoses.

Matt
Matt Doscher

1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252