Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1967 - 1968 / Vent Window Restoration
« Last post by orgnl70 on Today at 08:27:11 PM »
I am ready to have my vent windows rechromed. I was going to drill out the lower rivet to remove the frame and glass. My question what is everyone using to replace the factory rivet when its time to reassemble?
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 1965-1966 Convertible Power Top Switch Question
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 08:06:00 PM »
A couple of reasons:
- The top motor draws more current than the existing wiring to the ignition switch could handle, so it would require a special harness and special ignition for convertibles.
- The decision was to run a larger cable from the positive side of the solenoid, thru a fuse/circuit breaker and then the switch so the top could go up without a key if it rained. (Only convertible owners would know this, Fastback owners didn't care.)
Jim
1964 1/2 - 1966 / 1965-1966 Convertible Power Top Switch Question
« Last post by NEFaurora on Today at 07:55:26 PM »
Subject: 1965-1966 Convertible Power Top Switch Question:

I've been throwing this one around for awhile in my brain... I've been wondering for awhile and maybe someone might have a clue as to why...there is constant power going to the '65-'66 Convertible Power Top Switch.  It's always got power to it... even when the car's ignition is switched off.  One would figure that a car manufacturer such as Ford would have the Convertible Power Top Switch wired to the "Switched" Ignition Key Power or ACC Power ONLY..... and NOT be Powered or have a HOT lead going to it when the car is off and the Ignition is OFF with the Ignition key removed....

Does anyone have any insight as to why Ford would do this???  This has ALWAYS Bugged and Bothered me!!  I've even though of maybe re-wiring it for "Switched" Power Only....it bugs me so much..

Is this supposed to be this way??? It seems really strange or are both of my '65 and '66 Convertibles wired wrong at the starter solenoid somehow?!??!???

Thanks Guys....as I look forward to the responses...!!

:o)

Tony K.

1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Rear Shock Paint Markings if any
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 07:21:45 PM »
Wonder (any idea?) where this info came from. Never seen one marked there (original or NOS) and there is no upper bell on the front shocks.
Any advice on whether there was paint daubs on original rear shocks for a SJ June built GT fastback
For reference (The High Performance Mustang, 4th ed, p178), the shocks should be the same for HP Mustangs and factory GT optioned "A" codes.
You got to reference someone, sometime. In this case, Tony Gregory (who wrote the HP book).
Jim

Drivetrain / Re: Late 65 289 engine block anodes?
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 07:15:18 PM »
Hoffa's in the end zone of Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, rows 8 thru 12.
Jim
« Last post by midlife on Today at 06:08:08 PM »
Pieces of Jimmy Hoffa?
General Discussion / Re: MustangTek changed
« Last post by Tiny on Today at 05:59:23 PM »
Great stuff Ramblewood390GT.  I went to the https://web.archive.org/web site and typed in Mustang Tek web site address and it came back with previous pages from earlier this year.  Bingo. The Autolite 4100 information was there.  I was then able to click on the Autolite 4100 and it brought up all the previous information that has been removed on the current web site.  The below is the link that shows what the site previously looked like before the change.

Thanks again

https://web.archive.org/web/20170916142828/http://mustangtek.com/
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 05:53:06 PM »
For reference (The High Performance Mustang, 4th ed, p178), the shocks should be the same for HP Mustangs and factory GT optioned "A" codes. The HP Mustang book lists C4ZF-18080-A, -B or -C with white stripe on "lower end of upped bell", as original equipment.

Wonder (any idea?) where this info came from. Never seen one marked there (original or NOS) and there is no upper bell on the front shocks. Have a chart from another publication that shows different applications - but will not post since I don't know where that author got their info.

............... The shocks should be gloss black.

I would suggest semi-gloss.  Have found NOS versions slightly (or more glossy) or a flatter black. Originals (with age) appear to be semi-gloss.

« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 04:42:13 PM »
For reference (The High Performance Mustang, 4th ed, p178), the shocks should be the same for HP Mustangs and factory GT optioned "A" codes. The HP Mustang book lists C4ZF-18080-A, -B or -C with white stripe on "lower end of upped bell", as original equipment. There are other service numbers listed. The shocks should be gloss black.
Jim
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 04:35:56 PM »
Anyway, just thought that if I was to post this anywhere this would be the site.  I would post a picture if I knew how.
posting a pic is easy. hit 'reply'. below the box is 'attachments and other options'. click that & follow the directions.
Remember, the picture must come from your own files. When you attach it, the picture becomes part of the forum. You can do more than one. I recommend .jpg format pictures, with a size of 6 x 8 inches and 100dpi.
Jim
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10