Author Topic: Darn it - Me Again - 66 Throttle Spring Bracket photo?  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Darn it - Me Again - 66 Throttle Spring Bracket photo?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »
The spring in your example is installed from a different direction and it appears the end at the spring end was inserted first them to the throttle arm
Do you mean like this? It still appears to be in a bind.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 01:37:36 PM »
Do you mean like this? It still appears to be in a bind.

Looks like your throttle plate is of a different design that the one I posted. Will find another to post. But it appears yours is shorter and lacks the hole used in the picture I posted of the unrestored late car
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 02:29:49 PM »
Looks like your throttle plate is of a different design that the one I posted. Will find another to post. But it appears yours is shorter and lacks the hole used in the picture I posted of the unrestored late car
Yes I agree . That is what I observed and wrote about in reply #13.  Also I posted " I am not that up on my Ford Hipo carbs. I typically only work with the Holley's . Is the missing hole on my hipo carb throttle arm out of the ordinary or do they all have a hole in the throttle arm for a spring . I have only seen them attached to the accelerator crook of the arm so the alternate attachment  looked odd to me. Help me understand. " Just looking for insight so I can understand better.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 06:00:06 PM »
Yes I agree . That is what I observed and wrote about in reply #13.  .........................Just looking for insight so I can understand better.

Looked through pictures and found the arms without the holes were primarily found in 65 4100's ( A and K code)

5F07K2818xx & 5F07A2706xx (one of Mike M cars) were a couple of the latest (Sept 64)I have without the hole except for one (pictures do not show the stamped numbers) example that was on Ebay described as a "new take" Non K code carb.

As for those having the hole.

- Earliest example I found  was 5R09K2141xx - carb stamped C5OF J (It had been restored) 

- 6R07A1590xx

- 6R07K2040xx

- 6S1050 (It had been restored), 6S1177, 6S2086, 6S1455

- one loose (off the car) C6 C and one loose C7ZF C

Have one here at the house will have to dig it out and update the report.

Will likely repost with pictures over in another thread in another section since this concerns not just Shelby's
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 06:51:03 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 11:49:14 PM »
My "K" Fastback has the hole, 6R09K121xxx. It's toward the earliest with. Three pre 66 4100 carburetors do not.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Hipo giddyup

• There is no end to doing right. Giddyup!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 11:23:36 AM »
Actually I have been told the "hole" at the bottom throttle shaft is for automatic cars, from what I understand. Maybe others can verify with their original carbs?? The throttle shafts without this hole were used on standard shift applications like the C6FZ-C.. Please correct me if this is incorrect because I replaced the shaft on my C6ZF-F carb even though the first one had better plating.  :-[ I would like to know for sure as well.  Attached are some examples, though these again might not be all original carbs.
1967 Springtime Yellow Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Metuchen built, Nov. 17th 66'
1966 Sahara Beige Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, July 21st 66'
1964 1/2 Pagoda Green Coupe, 260 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, June 30th 64'
1966 GT350 Fastback clone, 289 HiPo, 725cfm Holley, 4spd, SanJose built, Nov 25th 65'

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 02:14:33 PM »
Actually I have been told the "hole" at the bottom throttle shaft is for automatic cars, from what I understand. Maybe others can verify with their original carbs?? ..............

Have original examples that where I've know the car since the original owner and that speculation does not match what we're finding. Looks more of an early late thing to me right now. Need to post some pictures and get the discussion going over in the 65-66 sect6ion. Talked to Charles and he recalls four versions if you include service/NOS part versions
Jeff Speegle