Author Topic: Wiper motor harness  (Read 3550 times)

Offline astat1

Wiper motor harness
« on: August 27, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »
After reading the factoids section of Jack Brooks web site I felt confident that the attaching point for the harness clip was the far left (passenger) hole of the three on the firewall. At SAAC 34 the judges were equally confident it should be the middle hole. Any other thoughts? Jack's reference below.

http://www.deadnutson.com/page/page/2634063.htm

Offline rockhouse66

Re: Wiper motor harness
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:34:11 PM »
If we are talking about a '69 car, I agree with Jack.  The clip was still hanging in the PS hole on my unrestored car.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 02:30:09 AM »
When was your car built would be the first question since we're looking at specifics. We already  know where it was built. ;)

With that I'll look at some of the reference pictures I have that line up with your car but in general my recommendation for where an owner should locate the clip would also be in the hole at the passenger end of the bracket. That is where I've found approximately 98% of the 69 Dearborn ones located -  but we'll see if there is something we're missing after checking more original cars bulit around the same time as yours.

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline astat1

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:17:38 AM »
Always forget the when (May 26, 1969). The what is a GT500. Thanks for the help.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »
I was one of the judges of your car and only vaguely remember that specific item on your car. I too think the position is as Jacks picture indicates. Since I am of the same opinion,  are you sure the note wasn't referencing the correct clip or the friction tape securing it? If in fact the judging sheet did make reference to the position instead of one of the other features mentioned then it was probably do to the scribe misinterpreting what was said . I am sorry if that was the case. We try to spend the same amount of time on each car for consistency sake. In your case it was a little over one hour.  When you have that short a period of time and so many items to make note of it can get very hectic for the one writing it all down.  It is my hope that all the other items listed were accurate and clear . I am sure there were many more things that we just didn't have time to make note of partialy because I was trying to take time to explain to you as we went along the different mistakes that needed correcting . I guess we (or however judges in my place) can catch up next time if you want to continue making your car historically correct. Bob
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:45:03 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby