Author Topic: Randy from Stangerssite?  (Read 4555 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Randy from Stangerssite?
« on: November 26, 2010, 12:29:04 PM »
I need to rebuild the control valve, P/S ram, and steering box on my '69 Mach 1.  The general consensus used to be that Randy, from http://www.stangerssite.com/, was the best option for both rebuild services and rebuild kits.  I remember an older issue of Mustang Monthly even used Randy's walkthrough on rebuilding a steering box.  However, I've been hearing bad things lately: jobs that take much longer than quoted, not answering emails, not answering phone calls. 

I'd like to give Randy the benefit of the doubt, but I hate to wait around for three months for rebuild kits that I can get elsewhere.  What's going on lately--has anyone had any luck getting in touch with him?
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline $64stang

Re: Randy from Stangerssite?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »
I have used a guy in Ohio, Rodger Roades is him name I think, sorry I do not have the link,, I think it is "Bright.net" I will see him at the Super Swap in Columbus, Ohio this weekend.
Jake

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 01:31:41 PM »
+1 for roger. turnaround time was just a few days. excellent work.    http://userpages.bright.net/~rodes/
5F09C331248

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations.  I looked at Roger's site, but I didn't see any option to buy rebuild kits.  I actually want to rebuild my own parts versus having someone else do the work.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 08:26:38 PM »
I just had my steering box done by rodger last week. He got it on Friday and I had it Tuesday. For the price of the parts to do it yourself versus having him do it your way ahead by just sending the box to him. If your main components are good to begin with it wont be that expensive. Big thumbs up.

Offline e093116

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 08:36:43 PM »
I bought kits for all of those parts you mention, plus a PS pump kit for my 65 from Randy/stangerssite in late February of this year.  I had the parts within a few days of ordering.  I would order from him again.  The instructions provided were useful, particularly for the steering box, and I thought the parts were of good quality too.
65 San Jose Fastback, May 15 build date

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 10:32:14 PM »
Randy is having some major medical problems, from what I have heard.  He has a great service, and I'm sorry to hear that his great customer service is faltering somewhat.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com