Author Topic: Antenna Rattle  (Read 18921 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Antenna Rattle
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2016, 08:53:07 AM »
I just bought a few items from Monroe last week. He claims to be working some with Daniel Carpenter to get a few other Mustang things together. Our transaction took a little time to complete (a very busy man these days) but I would vouch for him as creditable using my experience.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:36:32 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 07:00:22 PM »
OK, Thanks guys! This is good to hear.

I actually spoke with someone at Carpenter a few years back and they implied that THEIR antenna WAS rattle free.....but WAS it THEIR antenna? I have no idea

Offline msoc28027

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 12:00:36 AM »
  Sorry for taking time to get back. I work nearly seven days a week.  I have been selling NOS parts since 1981 and restoring mainly mustang just as long.  Yes I own Mustang Shop of Concord and Classic and Muscle Car Restorations in Concord, N.C.
  I also have been friends with Daniel Carpenter here in Concord for over 30 plus years and have been a driving force for a lot of the concourse quality parts he has been making for many years.
  I inspect and test most of the classic mustang parts being made. I am constantly advising him on what new parts he should make. 

The antenna is almost done and should be available shortly..

Please feel free to let me know what should be considered to make in the future.

Monroe
Mustang Shop of Concord
(704 723-4842

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2016, 11:29:00 AM »
Thanks for the offer Monroe.  That's very generous of you.  I recently had some experience with a Carpenter part that needs some corrections.  If you have the time; search ' Ford Tooling Shaker Seal ' in the 69-70 section.  Thanks,  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 09:19:35 PM »
 Monroe, Curious now if you have been able to produce the rattle free mast for '65-'66 or if I could purchase an NOS mast from you. Thanks!

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 10:01:13 PM »
Monroe, Curious now if you have been able to produce the rattle free mast for '65-'66 or if I could purchase an NOS mast from you. Thanks!

Hopefully, Daniel Carpenter will get this finished. We've heard some sad news about Monroe's passing a little while back.  :'(
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2016, 07:31:20 AM »
Oh Wow! Had not heard about Monroe's passing-been away for a while.

RIP Monroe, Thank You for all you did for the Mustang hobby.

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2016, 10:09:28 AM »

I know this may sound stupid, But has anyone even tried coating with Vegetable Cooking Oil??  That stuff congeals after awhile and gets really hard, yet is still removable if need be..

Just a thought.. and I know this because I repair/restore old Edison Phonographs, and some people used to use Vegetable Cooking Oil back in the day to lubricate parts and gears not knowing when they should have used Sewing Machine Oil...and the gears and works get all gummy so they can't move!

Just a thought....Something to try..

:o)

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2016, 01:18:40 PM »
Guys, I spoke to a rep at DENNIS Carpenter's booth at The Daytona Turkey Run yesterday and asked him about antennas, this particular man didn't seem the least bit interested in MY delema but DID show me a listing for a $67.00 Reproduction antenna in their FALCON/FAIRLANE catalog.......He went on to tell me that a guy whos name begins with an "O" (I've forgotten the name) MADE these antennas "right outside my office door" right in Concord, NC........I asked him if THAT antenna was rattle free and thats when he started to care even less.......

He told me to call the regular (NOT 800) number and make an inquiry, that the folks were very customer service friendly........

I intend to do this on Monday and flat out ask them...........

I believe that the antenna used on the Falcons & Fairlanes is the same exact one used on '65-'66 Mustangs...........

I know I'd be more than willing to pay $67.00 for a QUALITY antenna that was rattle free and in fact made in the USA!!

http://dennis-carpenter.com/radio-antenna-falcon-%26-comet/p/C4DZ-18813-A/

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2016, 04:02:00 PM »
Hang in there guys. A new USA 1964-68 rattle free antenna is almost done.  Will be available very soon. Should retail under 80.00.

Monroe

I just linked the Dennis Carpenter reproduction antenna that retails for $67.50......is it possible that this is Monroe's antenna?  The guys at the DC booth again told me they were made right in NC......really wonder if Monroe was working with DC on these??  anyone know??

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2016, 10:40:11 PM »
I just linked the Dennis Carpenter reproduction antenna that retails for $67.50......is it possible that this is Monroe's antenna?  The guys at the DC booth again told me they were made right in NC......really wonder if Monroe was working with DC on these??  anyone know??
Yes , I saw Daniel Carpenter (not Dennis) and Monroe together at Ford Carlisle where he was describing the process he was trying to get Daniel to do. I do not know how far Daniel is with the change . I hope he is still planing on the change.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2016, 08:36:09 AM »
I find it quite interesting that DENNIS Carpenter has a PRINTED catalog showing the antenna to be "out of stock"   I'm sadly starting to believe that Monroe's changes to production technique went to the grave with him......

Sooooo, A GREAT man like Monroe passes away, he has thousands of parts, and things in the works, what happened to it all? anyone know?

The folks in NC seem to be a close-knit group, surely someone has to know whats going on........

Offline Scott302

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2016, 11:12:15 AM »
I just talked with Daniel Carpenter.  The Mustang round base antenna is almost ready.  Pricing is not yet set nor are samples available for evaluation.  I'll post more when I receive a part to look at.
Regards,
Scott
Scott Halseth
Ford Product Manager
National Parts Depot
MCA#01776

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2016, 12:00:44 PM »
Thank You Scott!!  This is GREAT News!!  I for one really appreciate all your hard work!!

Offline IndyFive-O

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2016, 06:40:52 PM »
Took a look at the antenna today and saw that it is rattling at the top of each section, where the above section enters.
I put a drop of clear glue where the rattle is and it stopped making noise. I am not sure how long it will last, and really don't care as I realize it's only temporary. I don't extend the antenna anyway and if I have to put a drop of glue on the antenna a few times a year, I will,  it's worth it not to hear that cheap sound rattle every time I close a door or the hood.

Over a year later and this is still keeping my antenna rattle free.
1967 289 Coupe "Sports Sprint"
2007 GT/CS