Author Topic: Judging sheets  (Read 957 times)

Offline Josep

Judging sheets
« on: October 20, 2016, 01:34:12 PM »
Hi all, I just wanted to know which will be the correct judging sheet for my car or a guide to take care of correct parts to achieve the concours status.
I know there are several categories, and not sure what will me the right one for me,

*Division II - Concours driven  or
*Division V - Ocasional driven
*Other..?

Think both are the closest ones to me but...

Maybe if I have one of those sheets/guide I can take care of parts to be replaced.

Sorry if I haven't explained properly.

Josep
1966 Mustang Hardtop 200 Inline 6 - Arcadian Blue - C4 - Thermactor - 6R07T213966 - San Jose built June 11th 1966 - DSO 71
1966 Mustang Convertible 289-2V - Vintage Burgundy - AT PS DB - 6F08C109403 - Dearborn built September 9th 1965 - DSO 36

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Judging sheets
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 01:41:53 PM »
the concours/concours driven will contain the authenticity items. occasional driven does not include authenticity only workmanship, condition & cleanliness.
5F09C331248

Offline Josep

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »
Maybe this is not correct, but I extracted that from a classification form. There states that Division I and II, trailered and driven, reproduction parts are acceptable (?)

Reproduction parts are acceptable for restoration as long as they fit, look and function like the original OEM parts

Is there a guide were to look for the correct parts so one can replace the incorrect ones.?
I mean, what we have to look for in the car to be concours correct..? Points to take care of.

Josep
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:17:55 PM by Josep »
1966 Mustang Hardtop 200 Inline 6 - Arcadian Blue - C4 - Thermactor - 6R07T213966 - San Jose built June 11th 1966 - DSO 71
1966 Mustang Convertible 289-2V - Vintage Burgundy - AT PS DB - 6F08C109403 - Dearborn built September 9th 1965 - DSO 36

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 05:17:39 PM »
Maybe this is not correct, but I extracted that from a classification form. There states that Division I and II, trailered and driven, reproduction parts are acceptable (?)

Reproduction parts are acceptable for restoration as long as they fit, look and function like the original OEM parts

In certain classes (as mentioned) and for that organization

Is there a guide were to look for the correct parts so one can replace the incorrect ones.?

No there is no guide - been discussed here and elsewhere many times. Too many parts, change differences between plants and time periods, too many years to cover, different body types, options and so on to compile at this late point and not have it obsolete as soon as it was completed.  Besides what would it cost in time, effort and what would someone charge for such a resource in a era where most/many expect information to be free (IMHO due to the internet). 

Not that it could not be done - believe we had the opportunity in the 80-90's to begin the process. Just have not run across the people that know the subjects that are willing to dedicate their lives to compiling such a resource. Most are all too busy running their business's, have other projects, websites and responsibilities plus age related issues.   

As an attempt to fill this void, sites like this one were established and are helped on/supported by many to make for a "living, breathing" resource for the same end. One car at a time if need be :D 

As you have seen here owners can search out prior, more recent threads related to the part in question or ask and post pictures. Or if you have an assembled car post or email pictures so that the larger, noticeable things can be found and corrected. Nothing will replace an in person look with multiple sets of eyes IMHO to find most of the items or practices.

I mean, what we have to look for in the car to be concours correct..? Points to take care of.

Everything (as long as it fits in the description for the class) is looked at so everything is "fair game" when your returning a car to how it looked the day the first owner took delivery
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Josep

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 03:24:28 AM »
OK, thanks for the post Jeff. I will continue my research step by step..! Not going bad at the moment..!

Josep